Agnostic.com

6 1

What are your thoughts upon esoteric subjects like sacred geometry?

I've done some research into "spiritual" subjects and I've found a fair amount of logic and reasoning behind a few things I've read. What are your thoughts upon thinks like chakras, ley lines, sacred geometry, other dimensions, astral projection and things of the sort?

DarthKannabus 4 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sacred geometry: fascinating, studied it, used to draw mandalas "religiously", HAH! Not into the woo, just interested as an artist and especially captivated by the marriage of math and art. I mean like spend hours glued to the drafting table, burn through rulers and mechanical pencils, eagerly and effortlessly slip into a profound meditative state again and again, DEEPLY captivated by the process of coaxing aesthetic beauty out of pure math. I never even really cared all that much about the finished product. The process, however, was like a drug for me. Like most things I binged it out of my system and it's been a few years since I've drawn any. I might pick it back up again but I'm not sure. I'm not really into outward-directed activities at this time.

What is sacred geometry? Is there a secular geometry? Oh yes, I remember that from middle school.

James Randi had $1,000,000 up for grabs to any person in the world that could prove such things. Unsurprisingly the prize was never claimed.

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 2, 2018

Actually that just for pychic powers and other supernatural abilities.

@darthkannabus It was for anything supernatural, or considered pseudoscience. Even a bracelet that supposedly improved balance was tested.
The James Randi foundation did many studies into such things, crystal healing, acupuncture, dowsing, faith healing, homeopathy and the list goes on. It's not just Randi that's been debunking all this Woo either.

The big question is what has it gotten you? If you would of found a pot of gold by following this. I would say alrighty... here I come.

Chakras and ley lines should be testable, so I don't see giving them credence without testing them and seeing what the test results are. Acupuncture "meridians" are testable; they more or less work, but there's no discernible causality. Still, that gets points in my book.

It’s not as sacred as you think. It’s just geometry.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12177
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.