Agnostic.com

4 5

How do you identify politically?

Personally, I consider myself a progressive. Making progress. Yes, sometimes that means I would be willing to pay more in taxes than my meager income might warrant, but if it means we can have new bike lanes or programs for the elderly who don’t have anyone to talk to for weeks on end or literacy programs and jobs programs to end the prison pipeline, then I am for it.

ToastyWarm 3 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glad to have you here. I'm also in Alabama (Mobile), so I completely understand how you feel with the dynamic that surrounds us. I like to say I'm a 'middle of the road' kind of person politically, but I know I lean left, and I make no apologies. I believe in Altruism, and I know that the system can be fixed because its a man-made construct, not something from nature.

Grad student in the arts, eh? Any particular focus? I'd like to know more.

I’m in Theatre. Stage Management specifically. I actually received my undergrad in theatre as well, but then the market tanked and I was out of a job. But for some reason, after everything, Theatre remains. I have been told “Theatre is a thing that is always dying, but never actually dies.” Because those of us in it tend to love it so much.

I am a politician. ...lifelong Green Democrat in fusion states Iowa native working to transform monetarism and militarism into a just society without patriarchy restoring Feminism as the natural state of our species

I like the way you articulated that. There is a great fallacy that lower taxes are inherently good, higher taxes are bad. The fact is, when we all put in our share, on a macro scale, we can do those things that a great and wealthy society should do... Care for the elderly, lessen despair and suffering, provide opportunities for People to be more productive, make strategic choices that position society for future success... like the great infrastructure building projects of the middle part of the last century, and the social security system. Do you like drinkable water coming out of your faucet, do you value your ability to transport yourself long distances with ease, do you like living without intestinal parasites and foodborn illness? If not, just stop paying your taxes. Its called the 3rd world... And they don't pay taxes.

I'm a Progressive as well..I want healthcare for all, 15 dollar an hr minimum wage, college for all..free, legalized marijauna, no ban no wall for immigrants, allowance of the DREAMERs...things like that. Still identify as a Democrat but that could change depending on who is running.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12180
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.