Agnostic.com

19 0

Mosques in America

A recent study showed most mosques are actively involved in recruiting people to become radical Muslims. So we wonder if the FBI should scrutinize these mosques closely. However, this could violate the church's rights under church and state.
So we wonder if doing anything to prevent attacks by Muslims on American people is really possible from a legal standpoint.
I think I would be in favor of setting a limit. Once, say 25 citizens have died due to Muslim terrorism in this country in one year, then no more Muslims will issued VISAs for the next decade.
I don't know about you, but I am really getting tired of all the Muslim problems. There are lots of places in the world to live. Tell them to go live somewhere else.
So, for the poll do you agree that Mosques should be highly scrutinized by the FBI? Yes or no?

• 1 vote
  • 22 votes
Grecio 7 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We have all the Muslims in this country that we need. If we keep fooling around and letting Muslims in then before long we will be all fouled up like France, England, Germany and others. Those countries already regret letting in all the Muslim immigrants.

I like what the Australian prime minister said, "If you don't like this country and its laws then you are welcome to leave".

Coming from an entirely different source, the Mapping Sharia Project sent trained people into mosques in the U.S. to find out how many of them are calling for jihad against America. They discovered that the majority of the mosques they've investigated so far do, in fact, promote jihad against America, in the Friday "sermons" (known as "khutbah" ) and in the literature available at the mosques. inquiryintoislam.com

I see that I have gotten hammered by several responses, if not all. I am an agnostic, and I am against all religions (except maybe Buddaism). I am against terrorism in this country, and every other country. Sam Harris and the late Christopher Hitchens both explained the problems with Islam. No doubt there are peaceful Muslims that don't believe jihad is an individual battle and not a reason to kill apostates. But But Sam quotes research that shows most muslims in most countries support terrorism. I realize part of the reason muslims hate the US is because we have carpet bombed civilians in the middle east. The US is a staunch supporter of Israel which has basically taken Palistine away from its rightful owners. All religions are a bad idea, but Islam is the worst if they are going to support the beheadings of people that will not convert to Islam. This Sharia law crap doesn't fit with modern values of fairness.

Has everyone forgotten about 9/11 and the twin towers?

Wow!!! Today the poll results is 19-1 NO. I am really surprised. Hahahahaha, I am the only no, I guess. There have been numerous terrorist acts by muslims in the past. What do we do, just continue to let it happen? I don't get it.

Islam is not a race,it's a idealogy.....
[agnostic.com]

Please quote the source of your information. Your assertion contradicts any empirical study i have ever read about radical groups in the US and Canada, since we have politicians who have made similar assertions up here.

So why aren't you targeting radical Christians like the Klan, or radical anarchic groups of which there are many.

For a start, i suggest you educate yourself and here's an easy place to begin. [en.wikipedia.org]

As you will read, there are more Christian and secular radical groups who have violence within their ideology than Muslim. Again i ask, why have you targeted Muslims?

I am targeting Muslims because they are the ones cutting off peoples heads for being non-belivers. I haven't heard of any terrorism by the KKK. I certainy don't support the KKK, if anything that group is basically defunct. Have you seen Linda Sarsour on the news? She is the leader of the women's march on Washington and she is a devout Muslim that believes in jihad. I don't care if someone believes in Islam, just don't kill other people because they don't. I also realize most likkings in this country (like school shootings) are committed by white crazies. That is a different problem that our government is addressing at this time, although nothing will probably done about it.
The Bible supports slavery and killing as much as the Koran but only the Muslims seem to want Sharia law and want to kill apostates.
I don't hear of Christians speaking out against separation of church and state, or cutting the clitoris out of teenage girls. Give me a break.

@Grecio You obviously believe strongly in your assumptions and conclusions, despite all the evidence to the contrary. I empathize with your pain, even though i oppose your biases. Be well.

many people who are Muslim are born raised and have lived in the US for generations. They are as American as you. The freedom to worship as you wish. a major right protected by our constitution.. "if 25 people are killed." you must be joking. There were that many killed in the last mass shooting a white male thing and nobody can deny that "people have said" a recent "Study has showed" of course you will point to one incident while leaving out hundreds of mass shootings. we are awash in blood shed by the white male and yet you write about our Muslim problem. We are over there in their country dropping bombs on them, invading their countries.. we have surrounded all the mid east with military bases.. we have amuslim problem. g

I generally put uncited claims that begin "A recent study showed..." in the same category with #ManyPeopleAreSaying ...

yep

It seems to me a bit strange to make a big deal of religious freedom, separation of church and state, allow all kinds of churches and then not allow mosques. Checking out what kinds of preachers they invite is a good idea, some muslim clerics are hate preachers and they are not given visa's to the EU either.

The boogie man in reality is Christian terror and more specifically white Christian terror. I would agree with others. Turn off Fox and go for a walk 🙂

Most fundamentalist Xian churches are actively involved in recruiting members to become radical conservatives prone to violence against anyone who doesn't conform to their narrow views. Their are many more Xian churches than there are mosques. Most violence in this country is committed by Xians. Perhaps the FBI should put their resources into monitoring those churches. Maybe send the Xians back to where they came from?

@archer5691 Abortion clinic bombings? Doctors killed?

@archer5691 What percentage of crimes are Islam motivated? My point was to highlight the absurdity of the idea. Mosques are not terrorist recruitment centers.

I'd like to see the study that concluded with "most mosques are actively involved in recruiting people to become radical Muslims."

@JustLynnie and the US is bombing their countries have been invading their countries have them surrounded by military bases.

What I'm sick and tired of is folks who seem to love to pin all the problems of the world on Muslims, but don't have word one to say when a self-proclaimed Christian shoots up a school, a church or a nightclub.

Please take your targeted profiling ideas elsewhere. They're not wanted here.

Woah where do you even start with this level of pure hatred???? This is utterly disgusting. I live in a British town with 33% Muslims (some are my dear friends) and NOT ONE is involved in radicalised hate crime. Do not do this. The Q'oran is a very ancient text but word for word against the OT there is little difference when it comes to the levels of violence. The thing is we have all evolved. I want to see a peer reviewed study as regards the statistics you claim. Do not fan the flames of hatred.

gop/dnc stupidity on display.

Please post a link to this recent study you mentioned.

State your evidence that MOST mosques are activiley recruiting radical members. Not anecdotal hyperbole, but real facts please. What study, who conducted, how scientific was it. Otherwise your point is potentially meaningless, and just becomes another FOX exclusive (generally propaganda and lies)

Islamic deception[agnostic.com]

@Louise1920 www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2015/05/28/4244447.htm

@JustLynnie total bullshit

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122676
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.