Agnostic.com

5 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

" In November, after Democrats regain control of Congress, perhaps they will wake up and see that what they have done was not only indefensible but also politically harmful to themselves."

This writer has a lot more faith in the American electorate than I do.

Governments usually like cheap labour but they also have to maintain unemployment to control inflation (The Reserve Army Of Labour).

Immigrants are a good source of divide and rule too.

When you hold stack in the company that runs most the prisons and the public is talking about legalizing pot, you have to find a new source of cheap labor.

So, if, as he says, "Americans deserve to have their voices heard and a government that is accountable to them," then why not take into account the majority who not only voted for someone other the the Donald, but who support providing asylum and helping refugees?

It would hurt the Texas economy big time. It would be difficult to get much of anything built.

Including that wall they keep going on about... Hey! They could afford the wall if they use immigrants for labor!!!! 😀

Suppose holding a Citizenship would allow them to work? Would there be a run on the classes? I wonder how many illegals are using a stolen SS number? Or a made up one?

@Louise1920 The ones l have delt with from Mexico were sending most all of their money home to their familes. Most Americans are ignorant of how much they contribute to our economy. I find most Americans intellectually lazy. Which is why we are being Trumped.

@Sticks48 I wonder if say 20-25% is held back by the US, how the Mexican Economy would suffer?

@Louise1920 According to the things l have read fewer and fewer are coming over. In the wake of NAFTA more jobs became available in Mexico. It seems to me if our government spent more effort helping the countries in our own hemisphere, the problems, which are way more negligible than conservatives like to admit, would become even less. IMO

@Sticks48 With the Mexican elections coming up,I believe the new President(if elected) says it's their right to to come to the US. So we may see "Interesting times".

@Louise1920 I'm sure you are right. ☺

@Sticks48 I came to US legally, I hold a worker permit, I have never committed crime, I am not on welfare, so why should my work permit be canceled?

@0752532706 It shouldn't be. This was a promise made to you. It is immoral and spineless.

@Sticks48 I tell you,this is disturbing, but I think Americans now know the crooks are after people considered to be poor,and to them,anyone who don't make a million in year,doesn't deserve to live in America regardless of citizenship status. The unfortunate thing is, they're more likely to win again.

@0752532706 Man l hope not.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122793
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.