Agnostic.com

30 4

Favorite TV show theme?

This could be music scores, opening theme or ending credits. I have a few because I probably watch more TV than movies, so: Twin Peaks (opening credits and love theme), Dexter(opening credits which was my ring tone with my first real smartphone) Steven Universe (closing credits), Doctor Who (everything!) ? Flight of the Conchords (opening credits), Stranger Things (opening credits and score), even though I never watched Star Trek in earnest, my mom does, so ST: DS9 (opening credits), The Crown (opening credits was produced by Hans Zimmer), House M. D (theme was actually Teardrop by Massive Attack) older stuff: Perfect Strangers, The Golden Girls, Magnum P. I., Knight Rider, Peter Gunn are all memorable themes too.

Stepmomofdragons 7 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A tie.....Barney Miller & Night Court

@Stepmomofdragons Oh Hell yes! ☺

The Sopranos . The Alabama 3, south London criminal band does it for me every time

The Baretta theme song and really anything from the 70s.

"Those Were The Days" from All in the Family is still my favorite.

How did you miss Game of Thrones or the A-Team? In addition Supernatural has the best recap theme ever.

(whispers - Let's Do This!!)
Carry on my wayward son;
There'll be peace when you are done...

@scurry Just to add to the geekdom, I play a DnD game with a few friends about once a month, I start Wayward Son whenever the DM starts doing the recap of last game.

@mattersauce Priceless!!
Do they get it?

@scurry They definitely do, laughs every time.

I especially like the Dr Who theme for the number of revisions it's managed to survive (save for the late 80s version, which is kinda meh in my book). Also because of how it was originally created.

The Venture Bros. and Cowboy Bebop.

Sorry Batman but I've gotta go with Hawaii 5-0 (Jack Lord version).

X files

Bad Things, from HBO"s True Blood

I like OITNB opening. I usually get annoyed by show openings because of how many times I have to hear them lol. I have noticed while watching Grey's Anatomy, I have Googled more songs from that show than any other show. They have an amazing music collection. I haven't watched House MD's opening but I love Massive Attack so kudos to them. I've also liked a lot of songs from the Blacklist. Marvel has great openings for their Netflix shows. Oh and I loved Dexter, he was the first one I thought of when I started to read your post. Glad you mentioned it!

Theme from greatest American hero
How’s that for obscure

jab60 Level 6 July 6, 2018

@Stepmomofdragons I'm pretty sure that was a Top 40 hit.

Doctor Who, definitely. And House MD.

I also liked the opening credits to Star Trek: Enterprise

Gosh. So many:
"Believe It Or Not," from The Greatest American Hero
House, MD (Massive Attack - so awesome)
Star Trek/Voyager (probably because I just love the series, with the badass Janeway)
Taxi
Route 66
Duck Tales
Samurai Jack

Star Trek:TNG

Trailer Park Boys...

Relaxing, happy, and eerie. All at the same time.

Barney Miller

All time favorite is the theme from Mission: Impossible. Honorable Mentions: The Wild, Wild West; Barney Miller; All in the Family; Star Trek; Californication; Key & Peele; Broad City. Favorite adapted songs as TV themes: Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire.

I love many of the 90s cartoons.
Talespin
Doug
Chip n dale's
Action man
Captain planet
Teenage mutant ninja turtles
Bobby's world
Salute your shorts...etc. the good old days

Games of thrones(it just so catchy) sailor moon,

I used to love Dallas for the counterpoint of horns and strings I think it was! If I recall the section came in after 32 bars but I may be wrong on that.

I actually miss True Blood. It was so creepy and sexy.

Coronation Street, The Sopranos. They both, cleverly, set the scene for the context of the show.

Walking Dead...and Lucifer

Suicide is Painless... MASH Theme; Bonanza Theme; Big Bang Theory... so many!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123961
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.