Agnostic.com

3 3

Anyone else enjoy being single? Not like as a fleeting thing, but as a full on lifestyle?

I enjoy it enough to just not bother with dating or sex, though I certainly wouldn't call myself asexual. I definitely enjoy it, it's just not on my priorities. If it happens, cool. If it doesn't, cool. I feel like everyone has this drive to hook up that I just don't feel.

Spoony 4 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My partner of many years lives upstairs to me, we live in sheltered accommodation we both have mental health problems. he has OCD big style, I have D.I.D and somehow we manage to fill all the gaps in what we need to do, I cook our dinner for 1 0 clock , and we probably see each other for an hour then later at 7 we watch T.V together for a couple of hours. I find it easy having a routine I can remember and also enjoy both the freedom and the company.

that's really interesting. i'm glad you have something that works for you.

I can definitely relate to this. A lot of times it really feels like I'm the only one, so thanks for posting this. It's nice to see there are actually others in the same mind frame.

Jsxwi Level 4 Jan 4, 2018

I like the independence, but that's probably the only part I like. I kind of like to dress elegantly, but I feel like I need an excuse to (like a date). On top of that, I don't find much to spend my money on besides other people, and without the excuse of a birthday or holiday that doesn't happen much. My monthly payments are so low I can pay double what's necessary and still put hundreds into savings every month. I graduated without loans. Drinking is another thing that I could spend money on but rarely do (I often go over a month between drinks and have never gotten blackout drunk).

Sex is also not one of my priorities. I would rather like to find someone to have a mutually caring and understanding relationship with though. I have a habit of listening way more than speaking, and it doesn't seem to result in particularly intimate friendships. Probably less than half the people I know are aware that I play Xbox and Blizzard games, and likely under a tenth know I am an agnostic atheist.

I totally understand wanting to get dressed up, so I have started trying to make my friends go out to nice dinners or more nicely-dressed events(symphonies, plays, etc). I use my money to do social stuff, going out to conventions or vacations with friends, or on presents for my many nieces and nephews's birthdays and that keeps me pretty happy.

I am still a very social person, but the thought of flicking through Tinder or Match.com, or even here with the express goal of finding a date immediately puts me off. Maybe I romanticize the idea of friendship-turned-relationship too much, I don't know. I would rather really get to know someone than try to "get laid".

But I do pretty well as a bachelor, so I think any dating prospect would need to blend in to my current life pretty well.

@Spoony Yeah, I definitely wouldn't want to force something. Should always start with friendship. If you can't be friends you aren't going to maintain a romantic relationship long either lol.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12400
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.