Agnostic.com

55 3

Marijuana for recreational or medicinal? Dont be shy?

Well... California just passed legalizing marijuana. I love it. Would you say you would grow it for medicinal purposes or recreational purposes?

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Marijuana/cannabis is the most important plant in the world. The US military complex and Justice created it illegal in every country in the world except one, Uruguay. The war on drugs has lost to a score of 1000s the to 1. The cost to ruining lives is greater than the Holocaust.

Both .It should be legal . It is no worse than alcohol,or cigarettes, plus it will produce tax revenue and save money on the policing,and prosecution

A lot better than alcohol and cigarettes I'd venture to say lol. There's all the bad things that come with just smoking, but there are far less carcinogens and fake chemicals and preservatives and all that like what's put into cigarettes. And I feel like I don't have to even explain how it's better than alcohol xD

Having grown a lot of my own over the years, I am against taxation. If I can grow my own veggies, why can't I grow my own pot?

I say both and would like to see it legal by our US federal government, of which still puts young men in jail for it, not to mention deporting our veterans. It will most likely be the next best thing to our opioid crisis.

Not sure. Medicinal definitely. Recreational ? I've known too many potheads that smoked to excess. The happy stupor would be a potential disaster while driving, or operating machinery.

And then there's the same health risks , or worse, as smoking. Like we need more ?

Not cut and dry with me.

Since I wrote this - just this morning the stats from L.A. came in, and the number of impaired drivers has doubled.

High drivers aren't as bad as drunk though - nowhere near, atleast until they're gotten like...solar system high lol. Can't remember terms and whatnot of what exactly I read, it was a while ago and would have no idea how to find it as I'm not in the habit of bookmarking or saving things. I should really do that...and I'm not really excusing it, just putting it out there.

they've*

@Neraven Perhaps - though it won't matter if one crashes into you - will it ? I've known some pretty spaced out smokers. They were only good for lying around and eating. ha

@evergreen True enough. I know someone whos done it for about 30 years and another whos done it for atleast...ten years, prolly more around 15. You can barely tell the difference between when they do and dont, and theyre very competent drivers.
Oh and fun fact, people get slightly better at driving around .02 percent bac. Which is why ive noticed when im a little tipsy i can be a LOT better at video games and jigsaw puzzles lol.

The oldest iceman ever found had a measure of pot on his person. Archeologists thought that, as he slowly froze to death, he was smoking pot to take the edge off. Sorry. Medical use is just fine. Getting high just "because"? Pass.

Yeah,I tried to smoke pot while was freezing to death too, but couldn't get that fatty lit cuz I was shaking too much!

Well the "because" reasons can be perfectly legitimate, too. It can make you (sometimes a lot) more creative, so it's certainly nice to write/colour/draw/whatever else on it. People tend to open up more, look at the deeper meanings in things and really appreciate their senses. It can help you to get to sleep, too, and sleep problems often aren't necessarily severe enough to warrant some sort of diagnosis by the average therapist or psychiatrist. Also, it was called a "peace pipe" by the Native Americans for a reason 😛

Indeed, for both or either!

While limit to one or the other?I think cannabis performs well for both rec and medicinal. Depends on the individual and the circumstances.

Both but I can’t remember the last time I smoked to get high.

Well Bob i was in a car accident aug 3, 2005. Massive brain injury, ear cut 80% off, fractured L2 vertibre, colma for 28 days with a valve in my head to relieve pres! I don't remember shit till already home. And can't remember wheel chair, learning to walk again, i was fucked up!! I can't wait for it to go medical in nebraska, cuz will get better deal than going through2-3 hands to get here from col. under the radar. I need it medically as my brain isn't wired right anymore! Ya medical!!

Man....i am so sorry about all that. I wish you so much luck.

maybe it made me stronger? But i do know i look and react to the common world way differently now.

I don't eat or smoke it myself. I would grow it for the uses for others to consume. There are other variants of the cannabis plant which are useful for other purposes too.

I think that drugs should be legalised but controlled so that the quality of the drugs is high and the violence and misery of the drug industry is removed/reduced.

50 comments and tagged 4 times....help!

I wish the legalization bug would bite the whole nation. It looks as though today Sessions is taking steps to fight legal users.

Since you asked...I'm totally gonna be shy!
No but seriously, both. I have used it technically recreationally off and on for five-ish years, but have come to realize it's really a lot like medicine for me. I also have prescription medication, which you're not supposed to smoke on I believe, but it really doesn't seem to interfere with that, only add to the positive effects (except for if I take my xr adderall that day and smoke too much xD). Of course there are the usual negative side effects, like paranoia and demotivation (the latter of which I already have some pretty bad problems with) but taken in conjunction with my other stuff, it mitigates the severity of the lack of motivation, atleast. And overall, it can give me a rather astounding sense of well-being (up to probably a more normal person's level - the adderall also does this though) for up to a few days afterwards. I would totally grow it legally, since it'd be a great source of income and I could then grow my own too lol, and not keep bumming off of everyone else cuz of super poorness >_>'

Cool... you talk about a new hobby. It would be a hobby forum. Hows your plants doing. Mine at 30 feet tall now...lol

I would grow the hell out of it. For every use you can up with. I'm sure california found a new way for taxes now that half of it is burned off. Pretty smart!

Both. If tobacco and alcohol are legal. mj should be the least of lawmaker's worries

MrsG Level 1 Jan 4, 2018

Thanks

Except our criminal capitalist government wants a piece, and with that, comes Monsanto.

Been using all of my adult life. I agree with full legalization. Without taxation.

My understanding is that it's all medicinal, either for your mental health, and/or your physical health.
Also, if one takes two seeds from the same plant, beit cannabis or hemp, depending on how you grow it will determine whether it will be one or the other.
Hemp is planted very densely, causing all the plants to stretch out, in their effort to get some sun, thereby creating long fibers that are used for rope, cloth, paper, etc.
Whereas when cannabis is produced, it's one plant (females only) in a large pot, or in the ground with plenty of space. And because pollination is prevented, cannabinoid resin is produced in an effort to attract some
pollen.

Full legalization! I find it incredibly ridiculous that they are secretly trying to make cbd a schedule 1 substance now. There is way too much evidence proving it’s medically necessary..

I hear you.

I'm very satisfied with my state and liberal MJ and CBD laws. 🙂

It's all medicinal, either for your body's health, or your mental health. The recreational aspects are a bonus.

I am 100% in favor for recreational and medical use, as a man of 70+ years, it has been a mystery to me why this hasn't happened decades ago. I am 100% in favor of marijuana being used for all purposes.

I favor full legalization as we have enough people in jail already. It’s ludicrous to put someone in jail for using pot. I do favor cracking down on people for dealing bad addictive drugs like meth, heroin and the opioids. After the 3rd offense for those drugs they should be shot.

It's medicine. Not a drug. Our bodies are developed evolutionary to utilize the compounds in cannabis. It's a no brainer. If the planets human habitats were carpet bombed with pot smoke all of society would change real quick. Sooooo much bullshit would be done. Not practical at all but a fun thought.

My health insurance had run out so I got an MM card. I was amazed as to how many of my ailments it helped, sometimes more than the pharmaceutical drugs prescribed.

But it should be legal regardless. And hemp industries should be encouraged. Corporate interests have a long, sordid history of kneecapping such ventures.

Legalize! !!!

Either is reasonable. Marijuana has unlimited potential as an alternative to prescription drugs. I don't use it myself, but I fully advocate it's use, medically or recreationally

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.