Agnostic.com

2 1

QUESTION Podcast #112 — The Intellectual Dark Web

In this episode of the Waking Up podcast, Sam Harris speaks with Eric Weinstein and Ben Shapiro about the breakdown of shared values, the problem with identity politics, religion, free will, the primacy of reason, and many other topics.

zblaze 7 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I never heard of Sam Harris, but I save the link and definitely will be listening in the future. It is very civil and informative dialog. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing this link. I like Sam Harris, and I especially like how he tries to keep things respectful with people with whom he disagrees. I don't think I've ever seen him take a cheap shot at a rival, and he talks a lot about never wanting to misrepresent his opponents' views. I don't know of Eric Weinstein, but I'm familiar with Ben Shapiro and I've found him difficult to listen to because he's very slick and sounds impressive by times but very rarely deals with the subject matter honestly. It seems very much like he's practiced in rhetoric but doesn't care whether his argument is valid just so long as he makes his ideology look good.

Wow, what an excellent review, and I find Ben very hard to listen to as well.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12515
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.