Agnostic.com

11 1

If you had to shut down one of your five senses in order to sleep, which would you pick and why?

NicThePoet 7 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would say sight. I am a music freak so loosing sound would be devastating

Hearing; with absolute silence, it would be easier to calm the mind.

I would shut down my collie Ida's ability to make sound; inside or out she has an amazing ability to wake me. Oh wait you said my senses, I guess that answer works anyway.

Sense of direction: up, down, left, right - more importantly sense of gravity (?). Of course, that uses the stricter meaning of "sense". I.e. we actually have more than 5 senses.

Imagine: weightlessness while sleeping. Wouldn't it be infinitely more comfortable?

I guess taste. I hate vegetables and id probably be skinnier and healthier 🙂

My sight because I find it easier to sleep in the dark.

If I get it back then I’d say touch. I have such a hard time getting comfortable at night and I have chronic back pain so if I couldn’t feel anything I think it would be a lot easier.

Audition. Sound is over-rated.

Ohh CRAP! That almost made me have a mini freak out just thinking about it

Taste, to avoid morning breathe until after I rinse my mouth out in the morning.

Do I get it back in the morning?
If so I'll go with hearing so I can have a nice quiet sleep.

If not smell.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12586
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.