Agnostic.com

6 2

Answered prayers

Some people are just beautiful or filters are used too often. In either case, when good things happen to the beautiful people and they thank god for it they are just demonstrating the fact that supernatural intervention is just man-made. Right?

Buketoballs43 5 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People pray for all kinds of stuff. Just once in a while they will get the stuff. Of course they think their prayer was answered, and never mind all the ones that weren't.

When you think about it, the fact that you and I are here at all is unimaginably unlikely whether there was some outside agent involved or not.
Just to start, what were the chances that your parents got together -- and their parents and so on back through the depths of time? Wow. BTW... That improbability applies whether god or someone decided things or not.

A while back there was a comic Bloom County where I think it was Bill the Cat who just fell into a numb stupor at the overwhelming wonder of the very idea of it all.

I think that it is a knee jerk reaction. They thank god because it has been ingrained in them to do so. I have seen non beautiful people have gorgeous lives. It isnt supernatural its a taught response to good things happening.

Don't talk to me about 'the beautiful people' - for the last 50 years they have ruled the world, now it's our turn !!

yes, you would get just as much response praying and thanking a watermelon.

So...

so what?

Excellent point!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12619
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.