Agnostic.com

6 2

How do you feel about Oregon having to now pump their own gas (and the fact that many Oregonians are having a meltdown about it)?

NooYawkGurrl 4 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People from Oregon will adjust, I hope nobody breaks a vein in their head over it lols, they are spoiled

big babies

jeffy Level 7 Jan 14, 2018

We pump our own in Australia

I live in Oregon. Lived here my entire life. I think it's funny that people are poking fun at us for having to pump our own gas like everyone else. But here's the thing, I think everyone else should be up in arms because they do pump their own gas. It's like if your whole life you went out to eat, then suddenly the waiters stopped bringing out the food. Am I incapable of getting it myself? No. But my whole life that is just part of the service. But here's why I think everyone else should be up in arms about doing it yourself. The price of my gas isn't going to change at all. I'm not going to pay less for a missing service, it's going to cost me exactly the same. Which means I've been getting something for free that everyone doesn't get.But instead of everyone else demanding this service they want to mock Oregonians for not wanting to lose a service FROM THE OIL COMPANIES that we were always getting for free.Is pumping your own gas really so great, so life-affirming that I should want to do it when I have the option?

You DO make a good point with the wait service analogy.

Ive been in Oregon once on a road trip back in the early 2000s and a friend i was on the trip with informed me that gas stations there still had full service just about state wide i guess, i found it to be pretty cool, even tho in my last comment on this post i was being sarcastic. its actually not a bad idea for most states to try and go back to it a bit see how the modern world likes it!

After visiting Oregon from a state that pumps our own (if you know what I mean lol) I think it is great that they can all feel awkward about whether or not you should get out of the car and when you can leave.

New Jersey is the only state I know of that pumps it for you I get impatient waiting for an attendent when I visit. Small price to pay when you have legal weed...lol

I agree... I'm impatient too. Hate waiting on them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.