Agnostic.com

5 4

QUESTION Black Secular Teen Activists: Unchurched and “Un-bossed” | HuffPost

While I do dislike the cult-like, elitist nature of Christianity, I do not live without a moral compass. None of us do; the human propensity consists of the need to delineate good and evil. Why attach divisive religions to this natural phenomenon? Good and evil mingle inside each and every one of us. Virtue is not static; I love the liberation that comes with writing the rules as I go. My agnosticism is rooted in my introspective nature; I imbibe the world around me to produce thoughts and conclusions. My endless desire to pursue this world with a clear mind and open arms often streamlines the development of my social conscience. Around me, I see discrimination, pain, and suffering. Around me, I see souls striving to survive in a system designed to weed them out. Around me, I see an aching need for change. My religious freedom lends me the leeway to be that change. Although I will never know whether a higher being exists, I do know that the world exists; humans exist; most importantly, the power of individual choice exists. So, I make poignant choices every day to advocate for myself and those who are silenced. With empathy as my fuel and passion as my road map, I navigate life fiercely fighting for all that I think is right.

zblaze 7 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This Inspires me and thrills me the youth are not standing for a these old white men who ignore the disenfranchised, poor, disabled and give welfare to the rich is taking a powerful stand like others of this new genetation are doing. I want to align with them and support and vote for them. For those more like Bernie than Donald and Hillary and their camps

Beautiful stories of brave kids. I shared it on Facebook.

Excellent !!!

My goodness, that's a great piece. It gives me hope, something I've not had enough of lately.

gearl Level 8 Jan 4, 2018

Great article. These kids are the new generation. We need them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12751
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.