Agnostic.com

15 4

What's everyone reading right now??

I always have at least 2 books I'm reading at once. One considered classic must read and the other complete bubble gum. What page turners are yins guys readin??

Pooska 6 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What 2 books are you reading, sweet heart?

Wow, I tend to do that same thing. Right now I'm reading a book called The Last Templar and I'm also reading a spy novel , lol. When I get through one of them, I'm gonna reread To Kill A Mockingbird.

Un gettung ready to reread 1984

The last line is the best

I just finished the Golem and the Djinni. I really enjoyed it. I am also reading the comic book Saga. Saga is basically if Star Wars was made for adults only. Really graphic and adult themes. I say check out volume 1 to see if its your thing.

Playboy, just for the articles of course...
Lol
I don't read books... other than Dr. Seuss to my son.
Can't help ya on reading suggestions, sorry!
^_^

I just finished "Bob Dylan Chronicles 1". Am currently reading Neil deGrasse Tyson's "Astrophysics For People In A Hurry".

Duke Level 8 Jan 5, 2018

I just finished Bruce Dickenson's autobiography "What Does This Button Do" the man has lead the most amazing life. Not only is he the singer of Iron Maiden but he is a commercial airline pilot for British airways and a world class fencing champion. Oh and recently best mouth cancer. You could give me six lifetimes and I couldn't do all that!

In the deep eons even death may die

Kushiel's dart and "the mysterious stranger"

"Burn Out" about devil escaping from hell and driving around america and forced to pick up jesus as a hitch hiker, jesus mission is to keep an eye on him.

Currently reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

Neverwhere is one of my favorites because the main character has complete panic attacks and freaks out like a real person would if they were thrown into that

I'm reading Malory's 'Le Morte D'Arthur' again (for the umpteenth time), and currently writing a horror novel, which will be my 4th book.

I've only read that once, and I don't know if I have the patience to tackle it again. Kudos to you for immersing yourself. It's good to know that the Monty Python guys really knew their sources.

Ooohhh! Super cool! I've tried writing but I just sit and glare at a blank page until my back hurts. I'm much better at drawing

@Shawappa44820 i have this ridiculous fear that someone will read it.... which is kinda the point. Maybe I should tell myself I'm going to put the finished product in a time capsule lol For now I'm sticking to my ink and watercolors and the occasional mural until I can get over being shy

@Shawappa44820 I have three books already published (you can find me on Amazon under Derek E Dykes). Working on a fourth (with two others in the pipeline).

@Pooska I'd love to see some of your work. What Genre do you work in primarily?

@DerekD tiny little dots of the things that slink through my dreams. Most people tell me it's scary or creepy but it's just a way to express my ridiculous dream scape. I admit I wouldn't want to meet any of my drawings but I don't find them scary. De Goya, Geiger, clive barker, Bosch are favorites. Top marks to Geiger' s cat paintings they are cute and horrifying all at the same time lol

@Pooska Now I am truly intrigued.
Look up my books online, if you wish, or take a look at my webpage (www.derekdykes.com).

Your work sounds like the kind of work that really interest me 🙂

@DerekD I'll have to find some pictures of my pictures lol

I just picked up Chuck Klosterman X, which would be my “bubble gum” reading from the library, and then I have “Cat’s Cradle” as part of my effort to read more classic fiction this year.

I like to read about music or old and new music acts. That's what I'm reading at the moment.

Lovecraft.

My the elder gods eat you last

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12814
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.