Agnostic.com

2 0

My very significant semi-other is a (non-churchgoing) christian. Any folk in the same boat, how do you keep "the anger" from spilling into the relationship?

RobAnybody 7 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Believe me I know what you are going through.I have been married 35 years to a non religious believer, and I still get mad at times when discussing these matters so unfortunately you must get used to it . The best advice I can give you is if you really love the person this should definitely not be a deal breaker .Love is more important than a persons belief in a God .When you hear that people break up over these issues it’s probably because Love was lacking on one side or both

My husband and I have had times where we didn’t agree on religious things. He came from a super religious family and I did too, but the difference was I basically pushed it all away. After a while he started agreeing with me but when we disagreed I did my best to keep calm because fighting over it would just cause both of us to dig further into our opinions and not see the others side. Try to keep calm when discussing it and ask the same of your significant other. Sorry I’m not more help.

It all helps. We're very much feeling our way at the moment.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12838
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.