9 14

LINK Monet's Pond

This pond is so stunning it looks like you've stepped into one of Monet's masterpieces.

Claude Monet’s softly colorful Water Lilies are some of the most beautiful and famous paintings of the Impressionist era. If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to see those lovely tranquil scenes through Monet’s eyes, this small pond in Japan’s Gifu Prefecture is about as close as you can get.

By Lukian
Options Favorite Like

9 comments

I really enjoy atlas obscura. The pond is AMAZING. I guess if there was one place I would love to see it would be Japan. The pottery is tops. Love the simple architecture. Flower arranging is an art form!!

silverotter11 Level 8 July 12, 2018

the blossoming cherry trees!

I got to see an exhibit back in the 90s in Portland of Monet . Beautiful stuff ,❤

pepperjones Level 8 July 12, 2018

@pepperjones @ProudMary @Sheannutt @TheoryNumber3 @archer5691 @Sydland @rogueflyer
compare the images to Monet's Water Lilies series of paintings!
[en.wikipedia.org]

Lukian Level 8 July 12, 2018

He definitely knew his subject.

@ProudMary I used to tease my kids when the were younger that colour was invented when I was young. I would tell them how things were boring because everything was black and white in my childhood. Now that they are adults, I get tease about it, it's a running inside joke.
I'm blown away that some master paintings actually depicted things as they were and not enhanced in color like an artist would tend to do. The similarities are mind boggling to me even considering I should not be surprised that colors of nature should not have changed. Monet's pond was probably that colorful but no more.

These are spectacular. The one at MOMA is my favorite of the series.

I love everything Monet!

We used to have a koi pond and goldfish it was so nice to sit and just watch them it was peaceful.

Sheannutt Level 9 July 12, 2018

So beautiful.

ProudMary Level 8 July 12, 2018

You might also enjoy a video of the pond:

@Lukian Wow! I'm going to have to start watching that every day. It's so relaxing.

@ProudMary just Google Monet's Pond video and you'll find many more... at least one for each day of the week.

@Lukian Thanks!

@ProudMary my pleasure and YW.

@Lukian Something's missing.... oh I know! Plastic

@TheoryNumber3 Funny...and not funny.

@ProudMary Drives me nuts. Such a beautiful planet....

@TheoryNumber3 ah darn... you ruined it! (wink)...

I would love to go to Giverny.

Sydland Level 7 July 12, 2018

@Lukian This is amazing.

Not a Monet pond, more Zen like with Koi and gold fish.I enjoy sitting out with my fish and feeding.Not a lot excitement but very restive.

rogueflyer Level 7 July 12, 2018

Very nice pond, we used to have one it is very calming to sit there and just watch the fish.

beautiful ❤ I struggled with seeing a photograph and not what my brain thought was a painting!

pepperjones Level 8 July 12, 2018

Edited
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!