Agnostic.com

8 1

If you were given an opportunity to create or change a law, what would it be?

I certainly wouldn't want to be president, but I have thought on ways to better the National Debt, removing religion from anything government, obtaining a license to have children in a healthy regulated way, senior/child care, criminal sentencing, taxes, elections......

What would you change or create?

MyLiege 7 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd go even further than ending citizen united I would get all money out of politics. when you decided to run for an office each qualified individual would receive the same amount of money to run a campaign. Things would change really fast.

As an American, end Citizens United, reinstate tough anti monopoly laws, have a single payer Health Care system, Tax unearned income more and earned income less

I'd end marriage. Marriage would have no legal significance any longer. I would create a special kind of "incorporation" for a "household." 1 or more adults and 0 or more children. No implications about anything other than the fact that all adults are responsible for all children, with no specific hierarchy for the adults, with the exception of a head of household.

There are so many laws that need changing. I'd ban lobbying other then individuals not representing corporations. Outlaw gerrymandering, I'd make elections government funded. both sides the same dollars. Mandate that 99% of all energy be renewable within 10 yrs. I'd change the supreme court to 10 year terms renewable with 2/3 congressional votes (both houses). Then there is healthcare, education, migration, etc, etc, etc.

Abolish bigamy laws.

There are several laws I would change.

1. Medicare for all.

2. Make it illegal (as it used to be) to profit from healthcare.

3. I'd legalize marijuana (even though I'm not a user of it), tax the shit out of it and, leave your paycheck alone.

Duke Level 8 Jan 5, 2018

End Citizens United.

jasen Level 8 Jan 5, 2018

Seize the illegal BP patent hydrogen car prototype and hire all unemployed people to make enough cars to replace polluter vehicles ALL GOVERNMENT OWNED workers democratic stockholders and build infrastructure to recharge and makeroads safer

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12933
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.