Agnostic.com

20 0

For the love of food...

What is your favorite food to eat?
Favorite to cook?
Something you've never ate but want to try?

Crimson67 8 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Surf and turf are good for me, but I'm open to new things.

Favorite to eat...Stone crab claws fresh
Favorite to cook...crawfish boil
Want to try...haven’t found much I haven’t tried that I would want to

Phin Level 6 July 13, 2018

I could live on my Mac 'n cheese, if it weren't essentially heart disease in a pan. (Bacon and onion and so. Much. Cheese. baked until it's all melty and has that crispy edge to it...)

I have a lot of allergies, so I'd like to try things I can't eat, like shrimp and eggs. Scrambled eggs look like an easy and delicious breakfast, I am obsessed with trying to figure out what they taste like. I've made them so many times!

Anything Mediterranean, Greek, Italian. And Puerto Rican! I will try pretty much anything I haven't had.

Wow this is hard.

Burgers because there is so much that can be done with them. Turkey burgers, veggie burgers, salmon burgers, shrimp burgers, cheeseburgers, sausage burgers, and a seemingly infinite array of condiments and toppings.

To cook... smoked brisket or smoked chicken. The ritual of lighting the fire, getting a good pile of coals going, preparing the meat, attending to the meat on the pit, and of course the beer.

I’ve always wanted to try a Beef Wellington prepared by Gordon Ramsay.

Get down pho Pho.

godef Level 7 July 13, 2018

Pho - the only soup I ever crave
Shepherds pie (mine is actually a turkey herders pie)
Raclette (cheese is life)

GwenC Level 7 July 13, 2018

@Crimson67 it's one of the few English foods that is actually good

1. Lasagna, maybe
  2. Thanks giving meal
  3. There are a lot of foods I haven't but want to try, just keep the seafood away.

favorite..... tricky.... probably a big country ham breakfast with all the fixin's. favorite to cook.....weenie roasts are usually fun....still want to try...pho.

I can't tell. All I prepare belongs to the group of favorite foods. It's only once a year I am distracted and something burns and if it is still eatable it's most of the time the less favorite 🙂.

Gert Level 7 July 13, 2018

Favorite to make and eat: Salmon with Hollandaise. Eggs Benedict. Guacamole.

My popcorn is rather popular at parties.

1. one of my favorite junky comfort foods is when I find a good cheap Chinese takeout place near where I live. It's a combination of General Tso's Chicken (which I have learned to cook myself) with fried rice (ditto) and Singapore Chow Mei Fun (it's on my list) served over multiple sittings into a rice/noodles/chicken single bowl and mixed together, and the accompanying egg rolls. It feeds me for about two days, and on the initial serving I eat some of the singapore chow Mei fun using one of the egg rolls and save the other for the second or third sitting

2. Professionally: Hand tossed New York style pizza. Tossing dough is possibly the most fun restaurant work I've ever done.

Personally: I make a mean penne alla bolognese. Spaghetti with meat sauce was one of the first things my dad ever taught me to cook when I was young, and over time I've even gone so far as to research the one of the traditional Italian bolognese recipes according to the Accademia Italiana della Cucina. I don't get to make that version often but I have a couple of variations that are easier on time and money. I have a brown sugar chili cocoa dry rub I use for barbecue and ribs and chicken that I'm pretty proud of and I've been accused of putting crack in my fried rice, though that's a dish I feel like I'll be working to master forever before I'm ever truly satisfied with it.

1. I'd like to try authentic Bao, I'd like to try barbecue from within Memphis and Kansas City limits...and there are some things I'm forgetting I'm sure.

I cook alot and have lots of favorites. Steamed veggies, brazed meats, potatoes, rice, home made pastas, home made sauces, salads, broiled fish, mushrooms and onions everywhere, ethnic dishes, and on and on.

Eat~ Sushi
Cook~ I don't like to cook haha!
Try~ I don't know yet.
I'm not very creative lol

Lobster with melted butter or a really good steak to eat or cook. Have WAY too many I haven't tried yet.

To eat: mashed potatoes
To cook: breaded chicken cutlets
To try: Vietnamese pho

@Stacey48 I keep wanting to try it. It looks delicious.

Salmon nigiri sushi. I could eat it every day.

Mmmm sushi!

Gyoza. Steak. Chicken enchiladas with the white sauce. Pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. Chicken alfredo

@Crimson67 all things I like lol

@Crimson67 I'd like to try lamb or duck. I'd like to try a ton of things but I have to beware food allergies

@LadyAlyxandrea lamb is interesting, it's not something I've eaten a lot of but when it's done right it's yummy. Most of the duck I've eaten has been in gumbo and I'm not a fan, it makes the broth a little too greasy. The meat's actually pretty good, it's like a whole bird made of dark meat. Turtle and rabbit also aren't bad.

I love steak. Medium rare. I could eat it every day.

I'm curious about how shark meat would taste. I've had a lot of weird food. I'll try anything once.

My favourite food to eat and cook is Thai food. I travel frequently to Thailand for business so I'm never short of inspiration.

Runners up would be French, Japanese, Italian and Chinese (esp Sichuan Province).

Strabo Level 6 July 12, 2018

@Crimson67 Crying Tiger (Grilled semi-dried beef with a spicy tamarind sauce), Khao Soi (curried noodle soup from Chiang Mai), Any kind of grilled seafood with Thai dipping sauces.

It is winter here in Australia, so I'm making Cassoulet this weekend.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129414
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.