Agnostic.com

27 3

Why are so many people still OK with the abhorrent practice of male genital mutilation (circumcision) especially in the US?

I think that all kinds of genital mutilation are an abhorrent, primitive, despicable practice. I am happy that by now we have come to a point where pretty much everyone agrees that female genital mutilation is a criminal practice that is completely unacceptable. But as soon as it comes to cutting off the foreskins of little boys, often because some god just needs lots of foreskins, people start to give all kinds of excuses.
In my opinion, this practise should also get outlawed, no matter if it is done for religious or other reasons, with the only exception if there is some kind of medical reason in a specific case.
Everyone is free to decide to cut off whatever body part they like once they are grown up. Until then, I consider that practice bodily assault.

• 16 votes
  • 26 votes
  • 2 votes
josmi6699 6 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

in germany it is illegal in the states the ratio is 80% are cut. typical. the figures are available on the net. the less religious the country the less mutilations

I agree. It's hypocritical. I guess that makes me a mysognist for pointing that out though lol. Can't defend men because that means you hate women.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12945
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.