Agnostic.com

5 1

Do you believe in luck or Karma or anything similar?

I don't I think it all crap but I'm curious, why is 13 unlucky for some or is it!?

Josephine 7 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe in prepared luck and Karma. You put yourself there and you will increase your changes of being lucky. You put yourself out there and do bad things, you increase your chances that bad things will happen to you. Connected or not we filter for the things we think about 🙂

No...I think you can be fortunate or "Lucky" completely randomly without rhyme or reason.

...or unlucky.

Karma..no ..if karma was real...every asshole on the planet would have their ass handed to them every other day...not just the few gems compiled on Utube

I think karma may have a basis in reality, but only as a guilt/conscience type thing that leads us to disregard sensory input data while distracted by the actions one performed.

Here's a rant I put on FB a few years ago when some bad personal stuff was hitting the fan and I was sick of hearing same word...

Right... I have a few unpopular words to say on the subject of karma. If I had a quid for every time I'd heard this word in the past few weeks I'd be desperately ramming camels through the eyes of needles by now! Unless you get your spiritual kicks from the Indian subcontinent I've some bad news for you. Karma, just like santa, the tooth fairy, astrology, Mr Snuffleupagus and free lunches does not exist. Other than boomerangs things tend not to go around and then come around. They just happen. And then something else happens. If the two are related then that's simple cause and effect. If you drink a gallon of petrol then piss on a bonfire the results are no more to do with karma than they would be if you won the lottery. Or got run over by a milk float.

So... When you well meaningly tell me that karma will sort out the future, you not only insult my intelligence but your own too. And by effectively wishing misfortune on others you compromise your otherwise respectable code of ethics. The future will just happen. Life will go on. Some fundamentally good people will hold onto negative thoughts about other equally good people. So what, it's just human nature and that's fine. Good and bad fortune will exist in the eye of the beholder and there's nothing you, I or Buddha can do to change that.

The next time someone mentions the K-word in my presence I'll stick pins in a black cat and lay it across their doorway.

Rant over.

Salo Level 7 July 13, 2018

13 and 7...maybe anthropologists have some mad theories about it but the only thing that stands out to me is they're both prime numbers. But yeah I think it's all bollocks.

Salo Level 7 July 13, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129739
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.