Agnostic.com

32 5

Where is your stance on tattoos?

I have a few, and am getting more. I have been asked by a few believers "why?" My response is generally, because I can, and usually I add, it's meaningful to me, and if it's a trusted reputable sanitary place, there's not a problem.

My son has Type 1 diabetes. He would like to get a tattoo for medical indication now that he's a licensed driver. He's 16 and doesn't like wearing medical alert jewelry or bracelets like that. I have no issue with him getting a tattoo as it is for medical reasons. His father says not until he turns 18 (we have joint custody) and I would like both of us to be on board with this.

Where is your stance on tattoos?

MyLiege 7 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a couple that are just a year old. I worked in law enforcement and security for most of my adult lie so distinguishing marks weren't the best idea. Since I'm at the stage in my life and career where undercover work won't be an option anymore I thought I could indulge a long time wish and got one.

I raised two boys and would not let them get tattoos or piercings until they were eighteen, that being said one was a type I diabetic and I would have made an exception for this. It's not frivolous and could conceivably save his life. Bravo to you for wanting both parents to be on board,

The funniest ones are the believers who have tattoos, when their god has expressly forbidden it (Leviticus 19-28). It's quite fun to point this out to them. Whoops! Too late!

I have a little multi-coloured bluebird on my left ankle because when I was in malaysia 40 years ago, the woman who was going to pierce my nose with a red-hot needle was on a break, so I got the tattoo instead. The tattooist used the same needle as he had with all the men in the hut, (most of whom were crying LOL) and had a thumb which was double-headed, i.e. it had two nails and pads. I haven't had anymore tatoos done because I don't think it would be quite the same. But of course your son should have his done, and if he can fit in a foreign trip to do so, so much the better! Good luck!

Your body, your choice. Have known people who regretted facial and hand tattoos, cause, you know, ten years down the road you might want to interview for that six figure dream job. My brother is covered with them, but yeah, he puts on a suit and tie and no one knows. 🙂

Not interested in getting any myself, but I don’t care what others do. I don’t have kids, so I don’t know what I’d do there.

skado Level 9 Jan 6, 2018

I would get one but it would have to be something I know I won't regret. If it's going to be there for life, it has to be something I won't change my mind on later.

There should be MEDICAL TATTOOS in Veterans Hospitals and civilians. ...Nazi tattoos WERE RACIST THEOCRATIC GENOCIDAL. ...Veterinarians put electronic geek chips in cat&dog ears. ...body art is fine for those who love it.....I would let my future mate tattoo me in a most intimate area and would learn tattooing to decorate her as she desired. ...I WOULD NEVER PATRONIZE A TATTOO parlor as my skin is too sensitive and I consider the whole of it as intimate as surgery childbirth or insemination. ...body artists ARE NOT DOCTORS midwives or daddies starting families

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13002
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.