Agnostic.com

3 0

Awful music

If any of you out there are in the radio industry, why do all the good songs get played when most people are asleep, and songs that make your ears bleed are played in the daytime?

Holysocks 8 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's about which songs will get people to listen, so that they can sell ad space.

So, playing good music when the fewest people are listening brings in money?

@Holysocks First of all, "good" is pretty relative, but it's about what songs sell the most, are highest on the charts, and make the most money. Those are the songs that people will tune in to hear, therefore, the songs the radio station will play. It's all about ratings... The higher the ratings, the easier it is to sell ad space, and the more they can charge for it.

@Benthoven I pity the young ones and their complete lack of taste. :/

@Holysocks I grew up in the 70s and 80s, I'm not exactly qualified to say what good music is.

@Benthoven I think you just contradicted yourself.

@Holysocks Not sure what you mean.

@Benthoven You grew up in the 70s and 80s. I think you have an idea what might constitute as good music.

@Holysocks There were some great bands in the 70s, who continued into the 80s, and the 90s. There were also some really awful bands, one-hit wonders, complete wastes of vinyl. Some of the craziest and worst music came from those two decades. The same is true of the 2010s. Some amazing artists have emerged, brilliant, along with a whole slew of "produced" music created mostly by drum machines and technology. I see this era pretty much the same as any era. There have been innovators, and there has been the underwhelming.

Because radio sucks?

Because most Radio stations these days really do nothing except play a programmed tape with a MC just to get in there with the local commercials and news!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:130644
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.