Agnostic.com

32 0

Do you like Christan music?

I am an ex Christan and I really loved listening to christian music to get me through hard times. I definitely will always appreciate the feel good vibes I got after a few songs. Did you ever listen to Christan music and if so do you still listen to certain songs or artists? I love Jeremy Camps voice lol The songs I still love no matter what are The Struggle by 10th Ave North, We Wont be Shaken by Building 429, and Oceans by Hillsong United. What about you?

• 14 votes
  • 35 votes
Cosmicowl_73 7 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, I don't like Christian music.

I like music.

If it is a good song, but happens to have Christian subject matter in the lyrics, I may like it if the Christian subject matter is subtle, not "in your face." So I don't automatically write-off songs that have a Christian bent to them, but if it's too thick then I simply cannot listen to it.

I like Casting Crowns and Skillet. I sometimes listen to some christian music from the 80s: Petra, Michael W. Smith, & Sweet Comfort Band.

I saw Lifehouse 14x. They meant the world to me, and then my musical preferences diverged elsewhere. They didn't identify as a Christian band per se, but I think the faith of the lead singer, Jason Wade, lent a lot of allegory to the music. I really admired his passion, vocals, and deep songwriting.

Most of it is for lack of a better term ...God Awful!

I love all kinds of music if it’s quality, though even when I was a Christian, I never listened to it as any kind of affirmation of faith or anything; it was simply aesthetic. If I liked it, I rocked it and if not, then I didn’t.
Not necessarily into gospel for example, but sometimes I enjoy the rich, dense, and powerful (if not really complex) harmonies. Contemporary Christian (ie what you’ll here on the radio stations) is absolute garbage. The blandest, tamest, most uninspired music I’ve ever heard in my life. I imagine eating cardboard would be more exciting.
I’ve always enjoyed Christian Hip Hop when it’s good. Grits’ Dichotomy A had some bangers on it. Phanatik, though completely over the top with his preachiness, could hold his own lyrically with almost any of his contemporaries. Lecrae, though not flawless in the consistency department, can be amazing at times, and he isn’t aggressive about proselytizing. Most Hip Hop has some kind of relationship with either Christianity or Islam, so I guess I’m used to it. But as a lover of music, I can often look past the message, or at least take it with a grain of salt. It’s possible that Hip Hop has helped in that department too.

I used to love the band Crucified and that song from FFH, one of these days. I guess that i still like the music, but the lyrics make me laugh

Even when I was a believer, I despised most Christian Contemp, rock, or pop. I did feel connected the past when singing old hymns with the congregation though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13072
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.