Agnostic.com

10 0

Would you ever date a religious person knowing what you know .. (whether it be recent or otherwise)?

Mkumar 4 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, depending on how they approach religion. I'm an atheist and Unitarian Universalist, and would have no problem dating a UU or other who thinks of God as a passive force or a useful symbol. I wouldn't agree, but close enough.

Fk no, hell I don't even want someone who celebrates xmas. Quit lying to yourself people.

The difficulty comes in having respect for one another and not trying to change their beliefs to match your own. If both are able to do this...yes.

No...never again. I don’t want to waste my time.

More than likely not, unless what Qrytzi says below.

That would depend on what religion and how zelous he was with it. Religious isn't a deal breaker, but trying to drag me along with is.

AmyLF Level 7 Jan 6, 2018

I would and have had very happy long term friendships and relationships with everything from Wiccans to Pentecostals, no worries
Like I always say if they can stand the blasphemy, I can send the fairytales ?

Never, organized religion sickens me

I'm leaning towards a "no" on this, but I think there are factors and details that could potentially make me consider it. What religion? How religious (do they just believe in a God? Or do they attend church every Sunday, pray at each meal, make political decisions based on what their religion dictates)? Are they open minded? Do they trust the scientific method? Will they covertly try and proselytize to me? I'm not a fan of bigots or hypocrites and sadly most religious people I know fall into those categories.

I know what you mean. My parents were churchgoers, but they were intelligent and educated, and appreciated science and had trust in it. They didn't say grace over meals, made me feel loved and worthy, they never tried to push any particular belief system on me, and gave me freedom to think for myself. I have no problems with people who believe in a God, who are open-minded and were not fanatics or fundamentalists.

My wife is a believer , bless her little cotton socks, she thinks deep down I believe too.alas I am a committed Godless Human Being....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13167
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.