Agnostic.com

9 0

anyone else turned off by Vegans and likewise?

RandyWells 6 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm a vegan (diet-wise, not a vegan vegan) and I'm not turned off by vegans. I've gotten a lot healthier this way. I have no problem ordering food at almost any restaurant. As for being very vocal about it, I put up with people making jokes like, "how about if I put some bacon in it, too."

Every.
Goddamned.
Day.

It's a choice, like baconism, atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, political party, etc. Some people are perfectly fine about their beliefs. Some are annoying assholes.

Nope not at all! I respect them for their choice and all the BS they have to put up with because of it. It's not easy living in a culture where you are put down and made fun of because of what you choose to eat or not eat. So, yeah maybe some have an attitude (personally, all the vegans I've ever met haven't had that attitude). Vegans are a lot like atheists in that they are ostracized for their non-belief. They may even be more of a freethinker than atheists and agnostics. And no, I'm not a vegan. Wish I had the gumption it takes to be one though. Best I can do is a part time vegetarian.

Being a vegan or vegetarian will cause a different body tone and sometimes skin tone. I have never met a vegan or vegetarian that I was attracted too and it could be because of the aforementioned effects of their diet. I can't say it's a turn off but there is definitely something not being lit there.

Yes.

Simply ... yes.

Vegetarians / vegans always a nightmare when going out for a meal . Dated a vegetarian for a while guaranteed we ended up in the same place every time after hours of shall we go here there everywhere but nothing suitable .

I've known some great vegans but you have to try to understand their struggle.
Not the food choice limitations but the stigma and ridicule society places in them for taking a principled stand.
I used to be vegetarian which was great except for the constant meat questions and odd looks lol
Of course don't confess the majority with a few mean-spirited militants online, they are the minority for sure

Yes and no. Someone's food choices are their decision and I don't really care what other people choose to put in their body. The problem though, is Vegans tend to be very vocal about their eating habits and can come off as arrogant and many have a "holier than thou" mentality. Some are outright hostile and belligerent to those of us who choose to consume meat. Its almost like a religious mentality! If they could just focus on their own diet without trying to convert people I think a lot leas people would find them so annoying.

I know that certain people find certain dietary style to their liking. Its all about personal preference. Now if you notice someone seems ill or you think ow there are deficient is some nutrient then it would make sense to step in and express your concern. In the end it is their choice.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13169
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.