Agnostic.com

7 2

Who is next?

I had this question pop into my head. Who is the going to be the new scientist go to with Stephen Hawking passing?

Mokvon 8 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, I suppose the next was Franz Oberwinkler- who died the day after Hawking.

Jnei Level 8 Oct 17, 2018

Who's next next?

@Kafir Raymond Wilson or Charles Yanofsky who both died the following day!

@Jnei Is it really dead turtles all the way down?

oddly, i did not feel close to him despite admiring him immensely. i felt a lot closer to sagan and feynman.

are you asking who will die next or who will figuratively step into his shoes?

to both questions i answer: no one can know. but i think the latter will be someone of whom we have not yet heard. and she will be great!

g

LOL I cannot predict who will die next, but I can name a few scientists. Anyone who watched the second Cosmos series knows Neil De Grasse Tyson.

EdEarl Level 8 July 18, 2018

Mark Zuckerberg

I thought you were going to ask who will be the next icon in the music industry to die? Answer: Joni Mitchell.

In science, I only know who it won't be. Rupert Sheldrake. They even removed his lecture from the Ted talks.

@Renickulous I love Sheldrake, especially his theory of morphic resonance and its relationship to consciousness, especially memory.

We need trading cards with scientists on them. We could have the face cards be super famous scientists of the past, all the others can be current living scientists with info on their field of study.

[laughingsquid.com]

I don't think it's a position that leaves a vacuum that can easily be filled. I think someone would have to stand out in a very significant way in order to step into that space.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133815
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.