Agnostic.com

4 0

Has this crossed your mind? The powers that be NASA and other organizations sent a spacecraft with binary code on it along with various other forms of data into space. Binary code is made up of 1 and 0 a lexicon developed on this planet with its specific make up our numeral system which is made up of Arabic and Roman numerals. How would any alien( in the unlikely event they located the spacecraft) ever decipher what would look like scribbling to it.

azzow2 9 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Was it ones and zeros or on and off(s)?
Binary is represented by ones and zeros but its really a bunch of signal no signals.

it may be but those numbers are planet specific would be like us looking at old Mandarin norway by any means could you figure it out without a cipher.

I know they sent a binary message by radio waves but the messages on voyager were on phonograph recording, non digital. it was all analog. The message they beamed into space was in binary. For anything to be able to detect it they would need to be able to have some technology, basic maths, they would need to be able to count to almost 2, I was annoyed that the number transmitted wasn't a prime number and the data that was encoded seemed a poor choice and makes no allowance for base 13 or any life form that does is not based on dna or a world where sucrose does not exist. The assumptions were staggering.

Cuz they're smart? It's all a crap shoot, but understanding has to begin somewhere.

godef Level 7 Jan 8, 2018

I assume that they'd never be able to decipher the message.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13533
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.