Agnostic.com

12 9

LINK Beyond Meat Triples Production Footprint - This is HUGE!

"Big news! To keep up with the rapidly increasing appetite for The Future of Protein, we are opening a second production facility in Columbia, Missouri. This facility will more than TRIPLE our manufacturing footprint to help us keep bellies and hearts full.

So what does this mean for you? This increased capacity will allow us to make more Beyond Burgers, more Beyond Sausage and provide the space so that we can make MORE revolutionary meat products from plants."

SkotlandSkye 8 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And somewhere, someone is hard at work developing a manufactured vegetable substance so vegetarians will have an alternative to natural vegetation. Wait, isn't that Marmite already? Vegemite to you Aussies...

Dwight Level 7 July 21, 2018

most vegans are also raw foodies to a degree. I personally eat about 80% raw and I have a large garden. What you are suggesting, is fairly ludacris given how cheap veggies are and the health benefits of raw fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices.

As much as I’m scared the Beyond Burger would taste like meat, I might actually try it this weekend at A&W (the entire burger as it is is not vegan but you can ask them to not add mayo and sauce I think). I just hope I can eat it and get past the fact that many people can’t tell it apart from meat.

I would not be surprised if the 'real' meat industry forced the 'responsible' meat people to start labeling their products saying they are not from dead critters. A close friend of mine has a PhD daughter who works for another vegan meat corp "Impossible Foods" [impossiblefoods.com]

I did a trade show for them! Great products!

I lived in Columbia for ten years, got tired of all the shootings and city buses out of control.

It seems there is some criticism in the product's ingredients. I don't know if it's true or not. I haven't fully researched it. They supposedly aren't as healthy and sustainable as advertised. Like I said, I'm not sure as I have not researched it yet.

right. It never fails....people who will eat any shit fast food or junk food always have some complaint about a vegan product.

@SkotlandSkye Why so defensive? Or maybe you don't want to research all the ingredients? Wouldn't you want to research all the ingredients if you are claiming something to be healthy? Maybe it has unhealthy ingredients apart from "plants". Just because it might be "healthier" or less of a carbon footprint doesn't mean it can't also be harmful or even be equally harmful to someone's health. Drinking whiskey every day is less harmful than drinking Liquid Draino, but I wouldn't recommend either.

I'll try a sample the next time I'm in the store,if they are set up.

The next time you are grocery shopping,look carefully on the back of the fish products,most are processed in China,remember a few years ago about our pets dying from Chinese treats?I understand soon(if not already)Chicken will be processed and packaged for US consumption,along with Pork, and maybe Beef,with no markings on the package where it was packaged.

I'm an ethical vegan. I don't visit the graveyards in grocery stores. I certainly don't care if someone gets sick from eating murdered animals. My doggies were plant-based...my last one lived to be 18. Keeping animals in cages just to chop them up and feed them to other animals is insane.

@SkotlandSkye You saying you don't care if someone gets sick eating conventional meat really shows the type of person that you are.

simple....

Let's hope there's nothing found harmful,or cancer causing in the product. I'm dubious still,maybe waiting a few months.

easily answered.....better than 99% of all the mainstream processed foods in the local market

meh

weeman Level 7 July 20, 2018

I don’t think I’ve had any of those particular products. Are they good? Do they taste like real meat? Are they more expensive?

They are really super good --- A&W in Canada now has them at all their locations...and a lot of other restaurants are picking them up too. In general, people are amazed at the flavor and texture and remark that they really can't tell them from actual cooked animal flesh. They are still a little pricey...but the production costs have come way down lately and the prices have dropped by over a dollar where I am.

Here's a coupon good until the end of July if you can find them locally to try
[beyondmeat.com]

@SkotlandSkye Thanks!

@WilliamFleming You bet!

I have not tried any of their products... how are they?

They are scary good...LOL I had to keep checking the package and reading the ingredients the first time I tried them. Now, I've done over 15 cooking demos using them and the comments from people are the same....they are really really good and people are enjoying them!

@SkotlandSkye Thank you for your answer! I will definitely check them out and I am happy to see an enjoyable product succeeding to the point of this level of expansion!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:135712
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.