Agnostic.com

3 1

In my recent post I gave an example of blood shed on religion background from the 16 th century. The post was followed by some comments saying Christianity has changed and became peaceful since then. Unfortunately it is not always the rule. Google ,, Genocide in Yugoslavia " this will remind you what happened on ethnic- religious grounds in 1992 - 1995.

Lonely 6 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The following BBC article is less than flattering of the Catholic Church's involvement in the Ruandan massacre of 500,000 Tutsis.

"Sheikh Saleh Habimana, the Mufti of Rwanda, is the representative of the country's Muslims.

He says many turned to Islam because Muslims were seen to have acted differently.

"The roofs of Muslim houses were full of non-Muslims hiding. Muslims are not answerable before God for the blood of innocent people."

But after the genocide, converting to Islam was also seen by some as the safest option.

"For the Hutus, everyone was saying as long as I look like a Muslim everybody will accept that I don't have blood on my hands.

"And for the Tutsis they said let me embrace Islam because Muslims in genocide never die. So one was looking for purification, the other was looking for protection." "

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Christianity has changed somewhat but it has come kicking and screaming because secularism has forced it and not through it's own volition.

gearl Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

In most countries, Christianity is less violent and bloodthirsty only because of secular laws preventing it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13597
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.