Agnostic.com

13 1

Is it safe to have a one night stand?

Person meets a person from a group of persons at a bar. They dance and drink and party and eventually slip out to one of their houses and have sex. Days later they find out that they work for the same company. One is a senior executive and the other is blue collar. Is this eventually a sexual harassment case? Can this be classified as a sexual harassment? Just curious...

• 1 vote
  • 23 votes
BucketlistBob 8 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's perfectly safe with me, not that I'm into that, wouldn't do anything for me. I've never personally heard of a bad story other than the odd STI, but that's her fault for having unprotected sex!

Interesting pronoun you chose.

The senior was not exercising their position of relative power as, due to both party's ignorance of their employment status, it did not exist. It may become a case, but would likely be struck down as malicious. Courts in Australia take a very dim view of abusers of the harassment complaints system.

Best to keep business and pleasure separate. Just saying. However I hear that more and more people are meeting their partners in the workplace whether they are co-workers, or business-client relationships.

It can be a problem is the sexual relationship continues after the work relationship is known of.

This is basically the first episode of "Gray's Anatomy". They dont' deal with sexual harassment in the show, but it was a question in the back of my mind.

Reminded me of fraternization in the military... officers and enlisted should not cross that line but they do... my division officer in Spain decided to marry crossing race lines too mind you, an E6 from a different command... was our commanding officer pissed?... Royally... she didn't told anyone just came up with a ring one day. Turns out seemed she was pregnant. In Germany I crossed those lines but then again with an O-4 from another command in the base and we were 2 hours away from our city, when I found out she was an officer I backed down but she told me it was okay. When alcohol meets hormones meets opportunity all bets are off. I was a member of a crew of a boat that within 6 months of first females arriving onboard went out on a 6 month deployment. It was a Floating Hell. We lost our Senior Enlisted Advisor E9 for kissing a seaman apprentice E2 both drinking I heard. Games People Play could have consequences later on but should not stop us from being irresponsible humans... he, he, ha kind of similar in a different way I remember going to my wife cousin wedding. I remember seeing and had met the bride before. A friend have to remind me... you don't remember her? your college freshman year she was a HS senior you mentored her in the mentoring program xmas party? Of course came her "he doesn't know about us". My answer... "It was before I met my wife so nobody knows". We live in a big box in a small world. The box at least should be Safe if not the world.

I fail to see how it could be classed as sexual harassment if both parties willingly consented. Is there an implication that the poor blue collar employee (male or female) had no say in the matter?

Sexual
Harassment is Unwanted attention of any kind, anywhere. Especially egregious in the workplace because of being a "captive audience" and possible pressure because the harassed may be a supervisor. Notice I use no gender pronouns here, it can cut both ways.
In this case it was adult consensual sex. However, many companies have rules preventing workers from having relationships so you need to check on that if you want to continue the relationship. Otherwise, no biggie.

No, it's 2 adults who want sex

I would definitely not classify this as sexual harassment

If both understood it was a one night stand and precautions were used then it shouldn't be a problem.

Betty Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

What if precautions weren’t used? Would that make it sexual harassment?

@BlueWave

No, it still would be consensual but risky for disease and/or pregnancy and that would be a different problem.

Unless the company has rules preventing association of employees its a one night stand-happens at most national sales meetings lol.

If it's mutual - it's not harassment.

Though unless they're cautious about STD's, then it may not be a safe deal after all.

So long as it's not with a serial killer 😉

That would definitely be a problem.

You can never be too sure with company executives - most of them have psychopathic traits!

@Jnei. True.... it's either us or them!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13660
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.