Agnostic.com

4 1

Tips on coming out?

I live with republican parents who aren't super happy with the LGBTQ+ community (they aren't homophobic, just very republican) and I would like to come out to them as pansexual. They also only believe in 2 genders. Any tips on coming out?

VeronicaDean 4 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I will let you know after I do it. My parents are the same way and I consider myself an pansexual as well. I know they won't take it well and I'm afraid they will take me out of the will.

There is a LBGTQ group here. You might mosey on over & pay them a visit.

Just a thought... GLAAD has hints and conversation starters. So does PFLAG. I wish you luck..this might be difficult.

I know this probably isn't super helpful, but you know your parents best. If it is a hard decision to make, perhaps make a pros and cons list of coming out to them. I never did anything like that- my coming out was very spur of the moment and unplanned. The best approach, is the best way you can think of. None of us online know your parents like you do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136700
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.