Agnostic.com

16 14

Some of us are a little rough around the edges. Some of us don't express ourselves in a manner that will be acceptable to all. Some of us cuss and speak sarcasm as a second language. Some of us feel strongly enough about particular people and issues that we don't always parse our comments to avoid the judgment, or delicate sensibilities, of others. None of that diminishes who we may be, or our positions on anything. I'd prefer not to censor myself when expressing my opinions or feelings about things. Actually, to be more succinct, I am not going to censor myself. Some people's perceived notions are their problem, not mine. If my manner of expression bothers anyone, please, by all means, feel free to ignore my comments, or block me entirely. I'm not looking to make enemies of anyone, but, I'm also not here seeking anyone's approval. Like me or don't. That's your choice. Although, if you're going to jump to conclusions about me based on how I express myself, I probably wouldn't have much use for you either. Perception is highly subjective and colored by many factors.

KKGator 9 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't hold back. lol Go for it! 🙂

As I am usually a woman of few words, I fuckin' agree.

nice one cyril

cyril?

This is my first time reading what you have wrote and you have the right to do what you want when you want to whom you want however the fuck makes you feel like it is necessary to put facts or statements out there for all to hear and or see!! You do what you do and don't stop for anything or anyone, as an american in america you have that right!! No holds barred!!

I have read many of your comments, and yes you don't hold back. I cuss as a second language. My grandparents cussed. Me and cousins practiced cussing until it was an art form. It was a rite of passage to be able to cuss around the adults. I guess I am saying I don't take it personal.

I'm glad you aren't taking it personally. I certainly don't mean it to be.
If I were trying to make anything personal against anyone, there would be no mistaking it.

I am the softest, weepiest, bleeding-heartiest touchy-feely type you're likely to meet--and I agreed with every word.

I like a diversity of voices and attitudes. Just because I prefer to be incredibly polite and overly cautious about offending people doesn't mean I think everyone needs to--or even should--do the same.

Everybody say what you want. Everybody be a grown-up. Simple.

And WAY more fun that way.

I've never seen you post before or know what this is about but being able to express oneself in writing is an art and this is a very flat medium, not to mention this site has a very, uh , "vintage" set up that's not conducive to helping smooth the way with emoticons etc.

I moderate a couple forums and have had to enlist others who are better spoken than myself LOL because imagine I sound like a blunt angry german chick behind this keyboard. ... and in fact just deleted one of my comments on another thread because it's a soapbox issue for me and the fangs & claws were coming out and am not in the mood for that either,.
Trying to work on diplomacy skills. I've a feeling it's going to be a lifelong journey and perpetual work in progress.

We're ALL works in process. I can relate to the "fangs and claws" comment. There are times when I'll just shut everything completely off to keep myself from a particularly vitriolic rant. I've not seen any of your posts either, but I'm sure you express yourself much better than you think you do. I believe in always striving to do better, but still maintaining who I am at heart. Btw, the diplomacy thing seems to have come to me with age, at least when I'm of a mind to utilize it. You just do you, and you'll be just fine. 🙂

@KKGator Thanks. I've some eloquent role models though that are hard to beat. Experts at "oreos" in the kindest way possible that leave me in awe, comparing myself to them is like putting a Rembrant next to a finger painting haha.
I know I can come off pretty snarky sometimes.

@Qualia I have a deep and abiding appreciation of snark. It's proper use is an art and a science. 😉

i completely agree

I have had a few people tell me to shut up. I blocked them after I said whatever else I had to say

you don't have to answer but I do wonder what brought this on

Some posts I've read lately. One in particular, earlier today, totally set me off.

@KKGator that has happened to me on different themes. It is hard to process some things with out the total context of the person. I am blunt and direct in person so being on the other side of me in print I am sure is a challenge at times

@btroje You seem to do just fine to me. I never have to wonder what you're trying to say.

@ScienceBiker Thank you, and backatcha.

I'll stay in the like category...

Thank you all for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.

(Said in the voice of Dori) I wish I spoke sarcasm

I like everything you have said. Very honest and refreshing.

Thank you for saying that. I do my best not to bs anyone. I've been told that I'm blunt to the point of pain, but my intent isn't to hurt anyone, just to be direct. I believe that life is short, so get to the point.

@KKGator is there some meaning to your name? I think I have laffed at a few things said certain ways but I enjoy your presence

@KKGator could make it the point to hurt everyone then when you fail... try fucking harder lol

@btroje My initials are KK, and I love my Florida Gators! Thank you for your kind words. If I can make someone laugh or smile, especially when they need it, I feel like I've done something good for humanity. I'm not above allowing myself to look ridiculous to do that.

@HeyHiHullo LOL

Agree I just had a new member attack me-I reported her-just got a message from a friend he had to unblock my post. She is not playing nice. Contact me if you want to discuss.

I think she might be gone-I reported her-contact me if you want more info

Hear, hear! 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Jan 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13694
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.