Agnostic.com

3 1

Why is it the more I read into the history of western civilization I only grow more disgust and anger? Did America ever so anything worth being proud of? If so, I'm not seeing it....

Living24hrs 2 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We put a man on the moon and brought him back safely
The wright bro's flew the first powered flight at Kitty hawk
Hubble telescope
Woodstock
Hoover dam
Lewis and Clark
Transcontinental Railroad turned a 3 month trip into one week
If you want some more I'll have to think about it

America was named for a simple accident, but accurate interpretation of maritime law. The captain of the exploratory vessel that expected it to be named after him stalled onboard the vessel. He wanted fanfare and a band. The ship's cook, Americ, wanted to find food for the expected celebration to follow. He boarded a dingy, rowed to shore, and was the first person to touch the new land. Hence, America. The moral of the story: get off your dead a** and do something.

I submit to you that it is mainly 'technology!' But, it brought with it a double edge sword! And, it could hold equal values, good and bad! Some of us may have a greater need, for basic human needs and have difficulty obsorbing so much technology! We simply can't find enough ways to use it in our life, without giving up too much of our 'self!'. It seems more like our society, depends on the 'monetory' value in everything, including with that technology! That is sure how I feel. It seems humans are only needed to promote technology! RO

I agree. We're losing ourselves everyday with tech. It's tearing our world apart.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13704
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.