Agnostic.com

6 4

QUESTION The Dandy Warhols - Godless - YouTube

Here is a fantastic song for us! haha!

Sadoi 7 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Did somebody say Andy Warthog?

Sorry just for Sadoi

Finally!! I FOUND IT!! woo hoo! Houston, we have successfully launched!

Hey do you know who David Byrne is, from Talking Heads? He did an All latin album many moons ago and I think you would love the music! Since we are talking music, This is my Favorite track on Rei Momo

It is called Make Believe Mambo

How strange! I imagined your voice and... you SOUND exactly how I expected your voice to sound! Wow! It kinda of surprised me! Even the way you enunciate! I hear a voice any time i read what a person writes and I don't try to come up with it myself. It just sort of... happens within my head like a subtle nuance. It shocks me, often, when I hear people and they match up to what I thought I imagined! I rarely sound like people expect me to because I look small and all, but my voice is Quite Deep for a female. And raspy.

@Sadoi I been around since the 60's. Anybody prior the 21st century I know. Of course I seen his videos, 80's was the era of MTV. Small woman with a raspy voice is always Dangerous and not to be taken lightly.

@Sadoi

@GipsyOfNewSpain yoda had a deep voice, albeit, with that miss piggie undertone! lol

The Dandys formed in the old Satyricon days here in Portland...couldn't shake a stick without hitting a flyer for those guys...like Everclear...had friends who swore by them, though.

They were well known, but never super well known, id say, but i surely enjoy their style and flavor. i love the lounge taste to it. I have always had a soft spot for them.

@Sadoi we were in different scenes, but playing the same venues....in fact, I was about done with Portland and moving to Eugene when they were coming up...

@JohnnyThorazine What genre of music do you play? I have a number of good friends living in both Portland and in Eugene. I love Oregon. 🙂

@Sadoi I'm an old punk rocker....a long hair punk rocker...no mohawks for me...hey, that's a good start to a song...time to get out the guitar...haha

@JohnnyThorazine I, too, once was punk. i evolved and bounced around to a few scenes back in the day. i went through punk, goth, mod, deathrock, industrial/progressive... but i never dug new wave. too general. it was like, "oh? you're weird? You must be new wave!" noope! haha

@Sadoi I went through high school and middle school in Alaska in the 80's, which, musically, was stuck in the 70's 'classic' rock...I was doing the 'as heavy metal as I could find' thing...which wasn't heavy....oddly, after I got out of the marines, I fell into the punk scene...got lost in it for about 20 years...which were a great time...and then got bored...tried MMA, but I was too old by then...then went to art...my favorite band of all time right now is The Butthole Surfers.

@JohnnyThorazine awww too bad we werent friends because I could have sent you Mixed Tapes! hahaha MMA you say?? I have yet to visit Alaska. I want to go to Denali. I just LOATHE the cold! ugh! TBS is a good band! can't complain there, sir!

@Sadoi did the mixed martial arts for a while...but I could feel a serious injury in my near future, and I didn't have health insurance...haha...Alaska makes me think of Lovecraft...waking up to the mountains everyday...and I lived in Anchorage...in the winter, the air would freeze and sparkle...an actual winter wonderland...you would have been about 0 - 6 years old then, so they would have been THE WORST MIX TAPES EVER.....hehe...

@JohnnyThorazine HAHA! What you have against The Smurfs and Muppet Movie Soundtracks??! well, its frozen enough for me in michigan. i don't need anything more than this by way of freezing bullshit!

Actually prefer XTC 1986 Dear God more...

Ha I was gonna post XTC tomorrow! Lol like they say, great minds think alike!

I stared at this for a good 5 minutes going.... "why does this band sound familiar?" "Oh yeah!"

You after familiar with the dandy Warhols? I've loved them for many many years

yeah back in the day when I worked in a bar bouncing and hung out with the punk crowd we would chill listening to the dandy warhols.

@Myranta back in the day! haha! yeah they have been around for a hot minute, thats for sure!!

You like, my friend?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13795
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.