Agnostic.com

12 1

According to the bible; Will Suffering Ever End? Would you say yes or no and why?

yema02 4 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, suffering will never end for us if we go by the bible lol

Well since we are talking about Fiction, In Terminator Suffering will end when Sky-Net is Defeated.

which means machines will take for sometime but they will fall again

There are two kinds of suffering, physical and mental or emotional. They may all be connected somehow. Now, all humans are not at the same developmental place in their life, so it stands to reason that when anyone evolves out of his/her suffering, others are still on their individual path and may still be suffering. It may appear the 'whole' of humanity is suffering, but can that be true? And, is having 'one's resolve tested, suffering? I think not! Maybe, we need to look at suffering in a broader light. Since leaving the Bible and religions behind, I find that I have a better grip on my own reality, thus my suffering has desolved!

Why would i be concerned with what the bible says? Seems like a strange question for this site......

Of course it won't! Life is a series of random events, some of those WILL not be good.

Yes, This earth is not our doweling place and for sure we have a better place to go.

mwaba Level 3 Jan 9, 2018

when there is no more suffering... give me a hammer and your hand.

I'm a firm atheist, but have studied a lit of religions. The 4 Noble Truths of Buddhism state that an end to sufferring exists.

I don't really buy that.

Suffering is, in my mind, unavoidable. Ultimately, some will have more than others. As passengers on the same ship, our goal should be to minimize the disparities.

Just my two cents. Apparently, my role on this earth is to minimize sufferring by writing songs, playing music loudly, and getting people to forget about their musery for a little while. And thus, benefit concerts galore.

suffering will only end when life ends

"According to the Bible" Who cares what the Bible says. It's not relevant

No. According to the bible God made Hell. Hell is the place he sends people who offend him to suffer forever.

This is really controversial

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13799
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.