Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK The Paris Agreement | UNFCCC

Thoughts on the Paris Agreement, the idiot pulling out (breaking a treaty) and now wanting back in!

Sirena 7 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Inconsistency is the calling card for this administration. The latest - President Little Hands says there may or may not have been Russian hacking in the 2016 election (it could have been China, it could have been a 400 pound guy in his bed) while Putin stands next to him and says "yes we did it."

Now Little Hands is warning that Russia will again meddle in the 2018 midterms - but in favour of Democrats because the Russians want anyone but Trump.

Talk about cognitive dissonance...

?? some humor on a serious topic

Source:
Sirena Level 7 July 24, 2018

I'm going to fuel the fire a bit here. I truly believe climate change is taken too lightly in our current government. (Plus I love Bill Nye).

Source:
Sirena Level 7 July 24, 2018

From what I read on the Paris agreement it seems to be mostly the US contributing money to a fund that will give money to poorer nations to help them lower emissions by sometime in the future. A lot of these countries have pledged something ridiculous like a 1% decline by 2025.

I think we should’ve pulled out but I also think we should be leading the charge for reducing emissions and related stuff.

I saw the attached picture today and it sums up why we are not curing global warming.

antman Level 7 July 24, 2018

Could you please tell me where the USA was giving money to other countries to help them lower their emissions ? I know you like to think America is the generous grand-daddy of the world but they simply aren't. No war was ever started that didn't being with self-interest. As an American ally we were right there with you (tho not with my vote). Anyway as for the Kyoto deal, each country is responsible for lowering their own Green house emissions. You can look here [businessinsider.com.au] ..... Only three countries are on track. I am ashamed of my own country's lack of initiative and commitment.

@MsDemeanour this is different to the Kyoto deal. Attaching a picture. And if your country is Australia (based on the link you shared) then the US has contributed (pledged) about 15 times what your country has.

@MsDemeanour

@MsDemeanour basically other countries asking the rich countries for money to stop them polluting without any guarantees they actually will.

Keep the money here in USA and build wind farms or subsidize solar ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138432
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.