Agnostic.com

6 0

Some people said there's God. My issue is who are the parents?

mwaba 3 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

According to Gnosticism, the Demiurge, the entity who "fashioned and shaped" the material world and was identified by some as Yahweh had Sophia as his mother. She was the last of the Aeons created by the father god and she became separated from herself for a time but on reuniting herself in the passion of the moment gave birth. The result, the Demiurge was pretty ignorant about what was going on and wasn’t even aware of his own roots. His creation, Eve assisted by Sophia in the lower form appeared as the snake and thus Eve gained Gnosis while the Demiurge, learning of it cast them out of the garden.

Now you know the rest of the story.

gearl Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

Interesting question. According to people of faith. God always was and always will be. There are the three main philosophical arguments for the existing of god: They are in the order of ease of understanding.

1. Cosmological
  2. Teleological
  3. Ontological
    The Cosmological argument is one that could explain why god doesn’t need or have parents. In my opinion, the first two of these arguments are in conflict with the creation story as described in the bible.

No god-no parents

I'm an atheist but... What was it that caused the big bang? Either way you can have an existential crisis. Science has some theories, religion has mythical stories. I choose science.

Maybe aliens are his parents. Or maybe aliens are our creators. Same thing really...

According to Christians, God has always been here. There is no beginning or end.

Yeah, this has me scratching my head too.

But then again, so has the universe, to our knowledge...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13856
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.