Agnostic.com

15 2

Do you think scientist will some day ever find the cure for cancer and AIDS patients?

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The truth is that they been had a cure but the fact is That they can make more money treating the illness then curing it

Even if science found cures to those horrible diseases, the pharmaceutical companies would never allow it to become known because then no one would need their drugs anymore!!

If we spent as much money on medical research as we have on churches and religious monuments we would probably already have it licked!

Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize in 1931 for discovering cause of cancer. He said, "Cancer, above all other diseases, has countless secondary causes. But, even for cancer, there is only one prime cause. Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by a fermentation of sugar.”

He also wrote a book on how to prevent cancer. Interesting read.

Yes. I think so. If conspiracy theorist to be believed, it's might be already done not just out in the market.

Someone told me that Israel has the cure.

they probably have but would rather sell you expensive machines and drugs. why do you think its been so hard to make weed legal? the government is trying to take that over where its legal.

I think they already have....

yes. a look for a cure will never stop. it doesnt mean that it is certain, but with genetic engineering it would look likely,

Cures for cancers with be as varied as the number of cancers out there, some will be cured soon (this century) others will take far longer. AIDS has a very short life expectancy.

I don't think a cure is possible, unless we use nano medicine. I have always believed that we are required to advance our own genetics with science. Yes. I know. How very monstrous of me. But truth is sometimes hard. Evolution took us to this point. Now it's our turn.

Yes. Recent progress such as Crispr and other advances in molecular biology indicates a vast potential for getting rid of viral diseases and cancer. But this is still probably decades away.

They might one day figure out what cocktail to give for HIV/AIDS, and they might develope a vaccine. But to eradicate it? We have a long way to go.

There are many different things that can kill cancer cells. But they are not strong enough to cure cancer. Someone mentioned big pharma keeping cures away from the US. That’s BS. Treatments, yes. Cures, no way. If these things CURED cancer, you’d meet someone who it’s cured.

And then there is the question: Should we? While some argue that there is no overpopulation problem, there is plenty of land, that is partially true. However, humans are a virus (think AIDS/HIV) taking over. Evolution, natural population control, and natural culling are now obsolete. Do we really need to live for a century or more? If everyone lives, resources will continue to dwindle, and we really will kill our planet.

As a cancer survivor-there are so many types. My AML is a blood cancer with a 10% survival rate. One of my best friends in college died of Aids 25 years ago. Would hope scientists advance despite trump's anti-science administration.

Since you have appealed to my unscientific understanding I shall give it a try. I think that with the advances of medicine that the study of genetics may actually make curing such diseases unnecessary. I if we can prevent genetic sequencing that causes such diseases cures will be a very low priority.

Oh they have. Big Pharma would never release it, however. They are already treating cancer, dementia, Alzheimer's effectively abroad! These Cash Cow's will never be given up!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13889
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.