Agnostic.com

12 0

The boarder wall???

The Great Trump Wall. Should we build it?

• 32 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 5 votes
rpmazzella 6 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't like the idea of borders or countries or zones, even. Just because I'm born on Rock A shouldn't mean that I can't travel to Rock B to make my home there. One people, one planet, one love. Yeah! (All problems can be rationally and compassionately resolved.)

Most embarrassing and idiotic proposal made by a politician in the last couple of decades?
That such a large number of people appear to support the idea is just incredibly depressing.

Not only the wall between Mexico and USA began to be built during the Reagan era but, after 9/11, eleven European countries built one to protect their frontiers.

I happen to think that a border wall is ridiculous. It not only will cost a ridiculous amount, but it won’t work. Build military bases along the border and have them train along the border. If you want to come to the us, then apply.
I have nothing against immigration, but I do have something against immigrants coming to the US, dumping their kids off in our schools, not paying taxes and sending their money back to their heir home countries. If you want to be a us citizen, then become one. If you want to work in the us, get a green card. If all you want to do is soak up our tax dollars, then go home.

As you know...the building of said wall doesn't necessarily mean to erect one made of bricks. What you suggest is great and they have similar approaches in mind. BTW,there is a lady in Texas who owns lands in both countries....the part of the wall already built that crosses her land divides her property in Mexican and American. She has a password (given by the federal government) to open the door that allows her to go from one to the other.

Tell Trump that. He apparently doesn’t know.

In regards to the option of if trump is on the other side, I would suggest he take up residence within 4 walls in Gitmo.

Bugger Trump

Considering that overpopulation is the number one problem in the world and the Hispanic population is growing the fastest I think security on the southern border in particular should be beefed up.

Have a nice green hedge instead not too high just a nice hedge to mark your boundaries

Odyn Level 4 Jan 9, 2018

Illegal is illegal. The wall need not be physical. It could be technological (drones, spy cams). The reason that a wall is necessary, and not discussed, is that the Mexican military, with Chinese officers as "observers", have had over 700 sorties crossing the U.S. border. An embarrassing act of war if they are caught on camera, I think.

That is a very strong accusation about the Chinese officers in the Mexican military . Can you provide me so info on that?

Just out of curiosity, how will the wall stop the sorties from flying over it?

[warisboring.com] I am looking into this but I believe it is fake.

To all your inquiries: start with news articles from Arizona and New Mexico about kidnappings. Further, look up reports from Matt Laur (sp?) "Today Show". Assurances. I am not making this up.

It’s a waste of resources.
And it won’t work.

It's such a dumb idea. The vast majority of people here illegally are people who came here legally and have overstayed their work visas. The "wall" is overcompensation for inadequacy, a distraction. Little more.

They are saying that it will stop the drug flow. Does that mean they are going to put a toll on all the tunnels too.

@rpmazzella Yeah, that's the excuse they're using now, I guess, because their war on immigrants hasn't panned out as well as they thought it would. There will never be a wall. They're talking now about a series of fences and technology, but that's an enormous border and the expense would be immense — and it still wouldn't prevent people from finding the weak spots, nor does it prevent people from bringing contraband via waterways.

No fucking way. The prototype can be climbed over, drug dealers will dig, drop shipments from airplanes, etc. Waste of taxpayer's money.

I said no, I was going to say yes if Trump is on the other side, but actually no one else wants him, so he will have to stay there 😉

Sacha Level 7 Jan 9, 2018

I think a padded wall of a couple of meters in each direction would be sufficient and appropriate for him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.