Agnostic.com

1 0

I wish I could use my writing skills not only to help me cope but also as a source of income.

I love to write but, as stated in my profile, my real passion is editing.

I have a HubPages and a Wix but I don't use them because I don't think anyone would be interested in what I have to say. I'd prefer being given a topic then writing on it. I'm also concerned about plagiarism. I've had a DeviantArt account for almost a decade. That's the only place I've ever posted my work.

Also, my phone is my only internet access. It's difficult to write long thing's on my phone. Plus, it'll be turned off next week, I think, because I can't pay the bill.

Anyway, here's something I wrote.

Depression Cocoon

I feel it spreading
It’s like a disease
But it comforts me
I feel sleepy
It starts in the middle of my back
Then spreads towards my shoulders
It continues to grow
I can’t keep my eyes open
Spreads over my arms and legs
I start to lose my breath
It’s almost completely covered me
It’s covered my feet and legs all the way to my hips
I can feel it closing in on me
I can’t breathe anymore
I can’t see anything
But I’m not scared
It’s got me wrapped in its soft folds
I’m completely covered now
I wonder how long I will have to be in here
Will it let me out?
If it does, will I be a beautiful butterfly?
Or will I become an ugly moth?
I’m not worried about that right now.
I’m totally encased
I’m safe
Nothing and no one can harm me now

Melissa Bates 8-10-09 4:35 PM

Melbates 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Get thee to Quora, posthaste!

LOLOL

What is that?

@Melbates quora.com. Yahoo Answers' smarter cousin

Okay, I've registered but I'm confused by the site. Is it just question/answer stuff or do people post their work? What was it that led you to recommend it?

@Melbates QA format, with the option to start blogs and post freely. I recommended it because it's effectively a searchable encyclopedia of writing prompts and a platform for writers to get noticed

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13899
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.