Agnostic.com

30 5

Do you think abused people should expose their abusers on social media?

I just read an article about this, on women who posted the abuse they were suffering online. I don't like to post my drama on Facebook, I've done it only a few times but this time I've had enough!!
For those who don't know my situation, I'm separated but I live in the same house with the ex, in different bedrooms. The ex is a professional (executive chef) and cares a lot about his reputation. People love him because he's very social and he's a story teller. But at home he gets drunk every night, he's controlling, manipulative (I started confronting him and he shifted the blame on me) and I'm depressed and desperate. I just poured all his alcohol down the kitchen sink. That's gonna be a shit storm when he comes back from work. I am tired of being a victim, I'm tired of letting my daughters see this and I'm ready to stop it. I want to expose him, I want all the people who love him to know who he really is, WHAT he really is... But I hate seeing people's drama on FB and that's holding me back but I also see it as evidence I can use against him later. I have videos and I'm keeping record of all the things he does.

I feel so stupid just for asking this... I guess I'm hoping someone will tell me it's ok, give me the push I need?

GeekLeen 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just get out of that environment as soon as possible, and take some deep breaths, start again. You can't win with somebody who is manipulative so you will be incalculably better off away from them.

Never been abused or abuser so I am out of my league here.

Forget Facebook. Get the hell as far from him as fast as possible. Your girls need you to be strong and protect yourself and them. There are resources you can access that can help you. Don't wait. Your life (And theirs) depends on it.

I agree get out asap. it could go against you for a start and you just want a good life don't you?

Everything wrong is all "his" fault? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

there are at least 3 sides to every story, the truth is somewhere in between, but abuse is never acceptable. Ever.

@Rugglesby agreed,one of my exes says "i don't know how he didnt hit me",basically i don't hit women,but the provocation i had was unreal,and i know a lot of men that have suffered from this type of thing,and they are not abusive,but their lives fall apart when the woman takes away their children.it may not be the popular thing to say,but i would like to hear his side of things before passing judgement

@aikipt I know that story only too well, my ex did that in 1993, came home with a policemen,( a friend of mine) kids had been taken from school and she took some clothes for them. I could not see them for 2 weeks, they went through hell, as did I. Finally got to court, the magistrate issued me an apology and a warning for the ex. All because I asked her to leave. She stayed longer, then my mother in law visited, and we had a long chat, she could see what was going on and with her blessing as well, kids and I moved out and I stayed a single dad. The other side for me though is my father was a wife beating child bashing alcoholic. I will always step in and defend someone being abused and accept that they in their turn may also be abusers as was my mother. I was no saint, although I provided well for the family and my ex never did without, once our relationship fell apart I would go weeks without speaking to her.

@aikipt You have a very valid point....a very real one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13903
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.