Agnostic.com

3 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Politically yes.

Marine Level 8 July 25, 2018

Things have been getting worst in North America since Kennedy. Each President has been making social and economic worst and yet to come Trump will be the worst social and economic crisis ever. Then I sense this 80year cycle will turn for the better after it gets worst yet.

I agree. There's a book I read about how the economy and inequality have been getting worse for the last 50 years in America. But we are only one part of the world, and in some ways, things have gotten better here, as well. I just hope we can make it through the Trump years, and turn things around.

Seems to me like everywhere I am , more and more people are asking for handouts . Facebook is now setting up birthday funds . When it's your birthday , you get to choose who will get the money they're setting up a go-fund-me for . When someone posts a question , it turns out to be a link , which then tells you their tale of woe , and why they need your money in order to continue providing their free service . Drive down the street , and the dividers at the intersections have people asking for donations to pay for someone's college education , or because they're homeless , jobless , and hungary .

Doesn't this just show that the system is at fault ? If more and mor people are so desperate to better themsleves they have to rsort to this rather than being able to manage it on their own ?

@Simon Yes and no . A part of the system, is still a matter of wage discrimination . Certain people , regardless of their work ethics , their education , their contribution , are paid lesser salaries for doing the same work as their co-workers . That , is very wrong .
Another part of it is greed , but not necessairely in the sense that we've been taught . "Normal ," has changed . In today's economy , what used to be considered , "rich," is now considered standard . When I was young , NO ONE owned a computer , next to NO ONE owned a movie camera , a family was lucky if there was one phone on a party line , with four other families . People took a bath once a week . Not all cars had a radio , and none of them had air conditioning or seat belts . You didn't hug your belongings to see which of them you would keep and which you would replace . You kept everything , because you never knew when or even if , you'd be able to replace it . Things got repaired instead of being thrown away and replaced . The soles on your shoes wore out , you'd go to the repair shop and they've replace the sole , shine the shoe , and it'd be good for another year . If you had older siblings or even cousins , the majority of your clothing was hand-me-downs .

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:139209
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.