Agnostic.com

10 3

Has anyone ever considered the crimes in children's fairy tales?
Goldilocks and the 3 bears: Is about a break in and vandalism.

Little red riding hood: Is about a mugging a break in and murder.

Hansel and Gretel Is about child abandonment larceny, kidnapping, attempted murder and murder.

Snow White: Not quite sure if prostitution was involved but 1 women living with 7 horny men, attempted murder and murder.

Sleeping Beauty: Attempted murder abduction.

Rapunzel: False imprisonment, breaking and entering, vandalism, therivery and murder.

azzow2 9 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Horifying

Well, considering that injustices and malevolent deeds are essentially crimes, without them there would be nothing for the protagonist to fight against. So while some things of what happens in fairy tales could be considering as "crimes" - without them essentially there is no story.

Wouldn't that be taking stories just for entertainment, out of context?

Yes, It was fun anyway I am a Poet and aspiring writer taking thing out of context is amusing when everyone knows it is fiction.

@azzow2 I vaguely recall someone explaining to me that Goldie Locks was actually a silver haired kleptomaniac and the story was 'enhanced' to teach children about exactly your point...LOL!

What about humpty dumpty? There may not have been any laws broken, but sending all the kings horses an all the kings men to sort out the problem of a trying to put back together a broken egg like man just sounds like it should be a crime

Whoa! ..... when you put it that way. Now I'm aware!

Mmmm
50 Shades of Disney.

You have to consider those fairy tiles were not made for 21st century america or england or australia. It was a different time with a different moral agenda and a different type of childhood and audience. I stopped looking with today's eyes the classics. They were not written for me.

Lots of them Hans Christian Andersen wrote to teach young people to be wise about doing foolish things.

Spooky stories

Yep.

@GipsyOfNewSpain I remember being very young and having my mother telling me about Hansel or Gretel holding that bone out for the witch to feel.WTF

The original fairy tales are very dark stories. Meant to scare kids into obedience.

Disney and Anderson made them into fluff.

Get to it dick tracy

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13947
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.