Agnostic.com

3 13

LINK Alberta scientists develop memory potentially exceeding hard drive capacity 1,000-fold - Edmonton | Globalnews.ca

this could be huge... I mean very tiny (still huge)

The scientists set out to find a way to provide more memory in less space. They say it took years of tiny advances in atomic-scale nanotechnology to make it happen.

*But they recently accomplished their goal, which they say allows for small, stable, dense memory at the atomic level.

• “Essentially, you can take all 45 million songs on iTunes and store them on the surface of one quarter,” said Roshan Achal, a PhD student in the department of physics.

“Five years ago, this wasn’t even something we thought possible.”

Lukian 8 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If proven, we have yet another example of Moore's law in action ... but in this instance, on steroids.

Interesting article if true but that picture is weird. That younger guy should be a foot taller.

gearl Level 8 July 25, 2018

I know ... I have doubts but Globalnews is a legit news org in Canada.

Once density and cost get to where they can be, digital devices will go places we have not even considered. Great things to come, technology never stops !!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:139906
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.