Agnostic.com

13 5

"In America we worship God, not Government."-Trump. Scary?

This simple statement scares me. Because I don't worship God and I sure don't worship Government, where does that leave us Agnostic and Atheist?

ajr715 6 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't hardly talk about Trump without profanity and mental distress. Call me a snowflake, I don't care, but I just want him to go away!

In America we worship, or not, without fear from government interference. Clearly Trump and the horrible people he's pandering to want to change that.

When it comes to matters governmental I'm an ardent secularist. When I'm out in my kayak at sunset floating on water that is turning all sorts of profoundly beautiful colors I'm seeking to feel the divine forces of our world.

He's a provocative reality-show nutcase. He is not for one moment religious unless you include his worshipping money and himself.

At least Trump is half correct.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 18, 2017

Let's look at it for what it is. It is rhetoric. On the one hand he says that we worship god, not government, yet on the other hand he promotes extreme nationalism, worshiping of a rag and song. You see the dichotomy, of course. I heard this sort of talk many years ago and I know where it led. So far, he has made every move any wannabe dictator makes. Unfortunately, a large portion of our population is buying into it.

Actually it's not a large part of the population, remember he lost the popular vote. What he is doing is catering to the born again and racist of this country and thankfully, or maybe not, they are in the minority but speak the loudest.

While this is quite true, ajr715, a mere 10% of our population represents over 32 million people. Actual numbers become important in issues such as this because the number of people willing to take a stand against this nonsense -- or even know that they need to take a stand -- may not be adequate to overcome the inertia of that minority movement. Those wanting theocracy here have made some rather large and disturbing inroads into our government, and Pence is one of them.

The people supporting Trump tend to be spoon fed, closed-minded, and insecure. They certainly have a tendency to push their beliefs on everyone else and if you disagree with their beliefs, they're quick to label you as a heretic.

Of course he is lying, but he is appealing to the ignorant people who put him in office. Just like his Russian supporters, he is doing everything he can to bring religion more into our government. I have examined a number of pro-Orange Nazi Trump pages on FB, and they are filled with people who believe that he is doing god's work. It has been shown that white evangelicals have voted for him because of his agenda, despite his three marriages, affairs, abuse of women, racial discrimination, and cheating many out of their money.

I'm not scared of Trump's potential actions on this I'm scared how is followers will reply to this. In a way, he is giving them carte blanc to put their religious beliefs over governmental rule/law.

Does anyone feel things might get so out of hand that we should fear for our safety?

DeiP Level 5 Oct 14, 2017

Yes, in my opinion, it seems like the born agains are getting all the news coverage and the agnostics and atheist are being ostracized more than ever

sorry every one for my miss spellings.

tonia Level 5 Oct 13, 2017

Pence is even worse.
We should never have to hear our so-called political leaders speaking of religion of any kind.

That for sure, I do not like it either.
In fact I found it very ridiculous.

The Christians are claiming America for themselves and Trump is their fool. America is doomed. It's pathetic.

SamL Level 7 Oct 13, 2017

Ha haaa I do not know, is he their full? or they are the fools - the Christians-
How ever things are what they are, and not how some peoples perception is.

Nearly everything the Orange Menace says and does is idiotic, appalling, and/or terrifying. And that statement from him is just more pandering to his delusional followers that believe everything he says. I don't believe that he is really a Christian, the only things that he worships are money and himself.

Of course he isn't a christian but his base like to think that

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.