Agnostic.com

4 4

Filipino atheists and agnostics

Do we have Filipino atheists or agnostics here? 🙂 If so, I want to ask, did you belong from a religious sect? What was it? And when did you realize believing in any deity wasn't right for you?

RMRen 3 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My wife is Filipina and still somewhat Catholic but somewhat. Our daughter who turns 21 in a couple of weeks is atheist and my wife has no problem with that.

gearl Level 8 Aug 1, 2018

I live in Australia but have been to the Phillipines a few times, have friends that live there and here. All of them are Catholics, and very serious Catholics too, except one. She treads verily around them. I say exactly what I think about all the religious stuff, they are very nice about it but that is probably because they are a polite people. I am amazed how the church there justify their wealth while a large percentage of the population are very poor.

Great to know you've been to PH. And yes, that's actually a sad thing for us atheists here. Appalling too is when it's the poor people who keep on giving tithes and offerings and they get nothing in return except promises of getting to heaven sanctified by priests.

@RMRen When I was there I actually met a Catholic priest and we discussed religion, he ask me what I was when I told him I was an agnostic, he did not know what it was.

I'm Chinese but was born and raised Episcopalian in the Philippines till I was 13. Drives me crazy how pretty much the entire population of the country is religious.

Yes. Super religious and steep in poverty.

I dated a Filipino who belonged to the Church of Christ... not the American one, but the Filipino on... Boy they took crazy cult to a whole other level.

It's probably Iglesia Ni Cristo, we call them INC here. Yes, they are a crazy political cult. I have never heard of any of our politicians not begging that church for bloc voting to win the elections.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:140288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.