Agnostic.com

4 1

Anyone thinking of retiring to a non theistic country and if so which one and why ?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[atheistrepublic.com]

Here is a list of atheist/agnostic countries.

Since I am retired. I been considering but atheist vs theist is not a reason to choose. That my american bank will be able to do biz with banks in the country is. Medical access is. Ability to speak the native language is. Crime rate is. Terrorism rate is. I realize I look ethnic enough to be confused for a middle eastern at the worst of times. Dancing and entertainment to my liking is, The food/diet of the country is. god continue to be the Least of my worries.

Yep, Australia. I won't be moving, but I hope to see it change from freedom of religion to freedom from religion. Like everything else, marriage equality, dirty electricity generation, internet communications, our Government is out of touch. Our previous Prime Minister fought and fought to have Chaplains, not counselors, but only religious christian chaplains in all schools, wasted millions, but we fought him down. In our recent plebishite on marriage equality, his electorate had one of the highest percentage of yes votes in the country, so when the vote was called in Parliament, he and some of his wanker mates walked out. Section 116 of the Constitution of Australia precludes the Commonwealth of Australia (I.e., the federal parliament) from making laws for establishing any religion, imposing any religious observance, or prohibiting the free exercise of any religion. Next step is to remove tax exemptions from churches.

Abbott was/is an embarrasment for our country. At least we can have atheist prime minister like Julia

The US needs to remove the tax exemption status from churches. It is a real scam.

Most non theistic countries other than N. Korea are well developed with a relatively high cost of living index. Your dollars wouldn’t go as far as in some South American or Asian countries.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14077
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.