Agnostic.com

3 0

What does spiritual mean to those of you who list that as part of your identity? Not being offensive just curious.

Jimm 4 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I dislike the spirit in spirituality as it points to the supernatural. I prefer awe and like terms when I have a moment of bliss from a majestic view, or listening to a piece of music or considering how magnificent the universe is.

gearl Level 8 July 28, 2018

@schway Good points.

The numinous -Whatever is to you, mysterious or awe inspiring.Although I havent found anything yet that would really fit that description - Maybe hte nearest i ever got to something like this was the big ride at alton towers.

jacpod Level 8 July 28, 2018

I realise this is going to sound a little New Agey, but it’s to do with the luminous qualities of life... self realisation, being open to the otherness. Being loving, being natural, being in harmony with the world. The search for enlightenment. All the things that Osho stood for.

Being an atheist means having realised that the probability of there being god(s) is so close to zero that it can be discounted. But that doesn’t mean that you have to be a materialist only. I think a lot of people feel that there is more to life, more beauty, more celebration than just the negative activity which is the denial of a Christian god.

Denker Level 7 July 28, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:141515
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.