Agnostic.com

13 3

@Admin what's going on with the insane volume of multi-posts?! Making the site unusable!

Zoidburg 5 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm seeing no replies to anyone's comments to all the posts. I think they are deleting themselves.

I'm using an Android cell phone.

I have to go back and delete mine

Is there a notification problem as well? Ever since I started on this site, my notifications of likes and comments come out to 50+ a day. In the last 2 days I've commented on just about every post. So far I've gotten 15 notifications in total. I went back to some of my comments, and it shows like 5 or more likes that I was never notified about. Is this a glitch?

I just looked back on my comments from today, a lot of likes I was not notified about. As well as the replies.

@Sarahroo29 I think that part needs refinement. I am not sure if I am missing likes but I get numerous repeat notifications even after I delete them

@btroje Same.

In the beginning there was chaos. My compliments for the hard work it takes to get this running and issues will show up specially the way we growing because there is a lot of us out there not coming out yet or not knowing of this site. Atheistism is a Lone Wolf State. It is going to take more than 6 days and rest the 7th because unlike the bible... THIS IS REAL!!!! We are part of a different type of Genesis. Not even 6 months old yet. Thank You for the Future in storage.

Something that could help @Admin would be to mention your Browser, Version and OS. I say this because 1. On Windows 7 in Chrome V.63.0.3239.132 I have not seen this issue and 2. Code usually flexes based on those parameters and may need a more refined change.

I’ve wondered about hacks.. There’ve been a couple sites I’ve been a part of that were intentionally hacked/ attacked. Neither as ‘controversial’ as this one…

Varn Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

You got a point... evil never rest.

There would be a couple of groups I can think of that wouldn't mind hacking us..

I did get a multi reply from one user, figured it a clich. I am spending WAY too much time here just reading. If I'd responded to all the places I've been on this site I'd be a level 8 at least. Reason I did not respond was I agreed so much with what others were saying and just doin' a ditto seemed like rackin' points for nothing really said. I LOVE this site!!! That's for setting it up and working on improvements.

@buck1977 okay LMAO

Thanks guys! I seem to have an issue with my notifications, as well. They keep coming back after I've deleted them and I can't tell if I'm clicking a new one because the length ago it was delivered to me is out of sync and can't be seen. Using latest version of Firefox 64bit if that makes any difference?

I have to approve some level 7 people's comments.

I just approved yours.

I am frequently approving yours

Thanks for fixing.

it WAS losing all the emails before. I was having conversation with a friend of mine here and all of our messages were disappearing, and right before our eyes. the email message would be there, then vanished within a couple of minutes. I was initially annoyed, but then i realized this Is a new site and they seem to be Trying to get it together. So in that, im giving them some slack. Plus, this site has gathered together some of the COOLEST people ive had to converse with in a looong, loong time so i credit them for that too. They are trying to set up a pretty good place for us here, Right @Admin? So far, i Love this place though. I cannot complain. Yeah, it sucks to lose messages and i was frustrated, both of us were, my friend and I, but, like i said, I can overlook it for now in the knowledge that they are working to try to stabalize everything and the quality of people/convo here, it is outstanding. They're clearly doing Something Right if they can attract all of us Highly Intelligent and Diverse people into one site, right? We only see the surface level of what it takes to run a site like this. We float upon the surface of all the technological necessities and science behind the scenes that keep a site up and running. I am sure there is much to the underbelly to keep this going. And they Dont Charge Us to be members. That is another thing I give them credit for. I mean, overall, arent the benefits of having some cool people to chat with outweighing the initial hiccups they are attempting to smooth out?

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 10, 2018

@Hellbent Don't give her a big head!! LOL

@Hellbent haha Noo, no... don't feel that way! I think your responses are quiet well thought out. Sure you arent as long winded as I am, but thats okay. You get your point across quite efficiently my friend! I enjoy them soo... i don't think you are redundant. lol

@Zoidburg Oh it okay. I am extremely modest. Nothing goes to my head. I am too Level Headed you see... 😉

see not just me trying to amp up points🙂

amp up points? pray-tell? how might one rack up Thee Points??

@Sadoi he joked with me on another thread that my posts were echoing to get more points

@btroje oh I see! Lol

Ooh so thats whats up with people "stuttering" so to speak, in their responses to me on line??

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 10, 2018

Send me some links... we just updated code today for editing comment replies perhaps it caused bugs. Ironically, about 10 minutes ago I pushed code that should prevent identical comment replies by the same member on the same comment.
Happy to fix.

Admin Level 9 Jan 10, 2018

I've had one comment receive 16 identical responses. Figured it was a glitch.

@VictoriaNotes Same problem about an hour ago

wait I can now edit my responses for when I'm typing to fast or my fat fingers get going on my phone then my dyslexia kicks in and I don't notice till 20 minutes later?

thank you!

my main issue has been with vanishing emails, but overall, i recently posted about how it doesnt bother me much considering how awesome the people at this site are.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14202
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.