Agnostic.com

8 2

Talent or Ambition

I have a test at a craft , not that I really like to be something great in it but I do have talent in it and also I have a great passion to be something else a craft I no nothing about which should I go for talent or ambition

caraE 3 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There two types of skills, Hard skills and Soft skills. HArd skills are what you learn. soft skills are what you are, like empathetic, leader, communicative etc. LEarn the hard skills of what you want to do and trade off your soft skills. Employers want the hard skills, obviously, but they are really looking for your soft skills. How do you fit, want can you bring and so on. Lots of people have and can acquire the hard skills, but only you have your set of soft skills.

Neither. Just do it and enjoy it and see where it takes you.

Do the thing you love, if you have a talent for it or are/or ambitious in that area then so much the better 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 July 28, 2018

Inspiration!

Varn Level 8 July 28, 2018

Either one of them, combined with passion, can make you good. You need all three to be great.

Jnei Level 8 July 28, 2018

Many of the things I have great passion for.... I would get in trouble if I demonstrated in public. The rest, well, how long can you have a panel discussion about Firefly anyway?

I'd say go for your natural talent.

I myself wanted to be an actor... until I found out how much you had to kiss ass to get ahead. I just enjoyed the process and performing, but hated the auditions and behind the scenes politics. I have almost no ambition for monetary success, but I do have great ambition for always beign at lest content, and I have no trouble doing things that brign me happiness.

The ideal is always to be able to do what brings you happiness and also be able to make money off of it. I have yet to find something like that for myself.

@archer5691 It is true tha tless than one in thousand can make a living as an actor. If you want a family, then it most likely would not be a good career choice.

@archer5691 I have to admit often th emost tlented peopel I knew simply ran out of money an dcould make ends meet in Los Angeles and had to go back to their home towns.

@archer5691 I had a similar thing. Pro musician for 10 years. Ultimately couldn't stand the nonsense that goes around with it. Had to put it down

If it was me, I'd go for talent. But you need to go for whatever feels like it connects with the deepest part of you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:142038
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.