Agnostic.com

9 0

Do you support the ban on issuing visas to people in six Muslim-majority countries?

The majority of our site is not conservative. But, they are non-religious. So, I'm wondering, how you feel about the travel ban on these countries that are majority-Muslim.

"Nearly 39,000 Muslim refugees entered the U.S. in fiscal 2016, the highest number on record, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of data from the State Department’s Refugee Processing Center. "

Key facts about refugees to the U.S.
[pewresearch.org]

Is the ban discrimination? Or, is it a logical choice?

• 3 votes
  • 23 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 1 vote
silvereyes 8 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I support it just until the US can get a system in place to verify who these people are.

There was a case where a UK Muslim family went to the US for a holiday, they had British passports and all their kids were with them. They were denied entry. I think in That case they should have been allowed to enter but as they already had their US visas I understand that the US has to be protective of its borders from illegal immigrants.

Also the fact that after the US pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal. Instead of negotiating like civilised people. The freaking Iranian government burnt an American flag in their main chamber. That's disgraceful. I may not like everything America has done either but I'm smart enough to know that if you want something from someone else you don't try to piss them off.

Lancer Level 7 June 11, 2018

Monitored, yes. Banned, no. We already have a pretty thorough immigration system and we can always tighten it up if need be. But banning people because of their religion strikes me as one of the most un-American things we could do. I mean, we were established by immigrants who were oppressed - many by religion. We should still be welcoming to people who are still oppressed.

I think there are people who don't have as much as they think they should, who are threatened by the idea of sharing it with someone else. The "Muslim" thing is simply a way to ban a lot of people without actually saying, "Ban everyone!" ... which I'm sure they would if they could get away with it.

1. US has half of the world's war budget.
  2. About 25percent of the world"s prisoners in their jails.
  3. A gun for every American.
  4. US Killed 25 to 30 million people in the last 20 years among 22 major wars.
  5. 65 million homless refugees roam the the world each year.
    6 Dumb down most of us into debtors slaves.

I see US as an injustice and offensive terrorist state where the world is already living in it's greedy hands of this New World Order.

Chasing terrorist ghost all over the world is a false flag monsters they imagined up, wail taking your real energy money to pretend to kill it once and for all. How is this working out.?

Question is, do you want more assuming safety. Wail they continue to harm your freedom and security?

Several other comments say it as well, or better, than I could! Enough said.

As an immigrant I do not support the ban....Where it will stop?

Not one American death on US soil came from those 6 Muslim countries selected.

Yet everyday the news media makes you feel like Muslims terrorist are lurking around every counter. I can think of 1000s of other things that are more deadly than Muslims terrorist.

I more afraid of toddlers running with scissors. As armed toddlers are more deadly than terrorist combined.

I would really watch out for those rightwing terrorists.

How many people have been killed by Muslim/Islamist terrorists in the USA?
How many have been killed by police? How many Have been killed by gun violence?
I don't see the need to ban Muslims.

@silvereyes I do not understand this political segregation. How is radical islamism different from far right extremism. This binary is the cause for all ill. The answer to your question lies in strengthening the immigration process not banning any particular community.

Mixed.
I agree with Rick, we should try to help but be as safe as we can.
There should be a middle ground in there somewhere.

Hell, maybe we wouldn't need to worry about the downside if we tried getting along with them.

I don't see any problem with being cautious and having a solid vetting process, but I think we as a relatively prosperous nation have a responsibility to aid refugees in their time of dire need.

I'm with you on this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14277
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.